gettin a hair transplant

jsmith19

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll be getting 4000 grafts done from alvi armani on the 30th. I am a diffuse thinner, who has managed to stabalize hair loss on the crown with propecia. The grafts will mainly be placed in the front. I plan on starting on minoxidil and revivogen as well after the surgery, and i was wondering how soon after a transplant can you generally resume topical treatments? And also, can you wear a hat afterwards? Any input would help.

jeffsss

Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
Hey guys, I'll be getting 4000 grafts done from alvi armani on the 30th. I am a diffuse thinner, who has managed to stabalize hair loss on the crown with propecia. The grafts will mainly be placed in the front. I plan on starting on minoxidil and revivogen as well after the surgery, and i was wondering how soon after a transplant can you generally resume topical treatments? And also, can you wear a hat afterwards? Any input would help.

i'd imagine you should ask your Doctor.......

but i'd guess that you can wear a "loose fitting" hat almost immediatly..

not sure about topicals.

Chrisknight

Reaction score
It's best (from what I've heard) that you bring a bandana. If you wear a hate, you'll be asked to remove it at the airport. But yeah, ask Dr. Armani, he'll give you the heads up.

gianniem

Reaction score
Jsmith,

I know of many people who wear hats just after their procedure and it should not be a big concern. Although you do want to be mindful not to actually contact your grafts placed on the frontal hairline. Regarding the usage of topicals after your procedure, I would give it about three days. I hope this information can be helpful.