Geoguy's Story

Geoguy

Reaction score
Here's my story.
I'm a 20-year old boy.

I started losing hair when I was 17 or so and soon after that one could easily notice that I had lost plenty of hair. I have an extremely greasy hair (so called seborrhea oleosa) and as I was washing my head every 4-5 days, (some people believe one should wash his head not more frequently than once a week, which obviously is a misconception), which I believe is responsible for my losing of hair Now I am washing my hair daily - my hair rarely gets greasy and, probably because of that, recently I stopped losing hair, maybe just 2-3 hairs a day. But as I have already lost a lot, it is not really a big comfort that I'm not losing anymore. In fact, I want to ask you something:

1). Are shampoos containing tar (like Freederm Shampoo) useful for treating greasy hair?
2). Is it true that if you shave (I mean shave with a razor) your head frequently (e.g. daily) you will damage your hair roots and you won't be able to grow your hair back to the condition that it was in when you shaved it?
3). If I'm not losing hair anymore and there are medicines to make hair grow back, would I benefit from using them, I mean would I retain the newly grown hair?

That's all guys, I hope you will give me a hand to solve the dilemma that I'm facing.