Generics as good as the real thing?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondered what your comments were on the generics.
Is finpecia as good or the same as Propecia?

Its a third of the price so why do some go on Propecia..is it just a matter of trust or are there real doubts that its not a good?

Does anyone have any proof Finpecia works just as well?

Same with Dutas.

The Generics are way more afordable so really these are the ones we wnat when having to stay on them indefinitely..

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using generics finpeica and fincar and they work fine. There are members here who use generics and have reported good progress.

calgary2800

Reaction score
I messed up and paid 600 bucks for one year of Propeica, didnt know about the generic verison till now.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Finpecia from United Pharmacies is what I use, and I can attest this is totally legit.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not only are trusted generic brands as good as the real thing, they're better. Because they are just as effective and far cheaper.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
Not only are trusted generic brands as good as the real thing, they're better. Because they are just as effective and far cheaper.

I'm so scared to try my fincar. I remember when dr. bernstein prescribed propecia for me and I told him that I was taking a generic (I think fincar at the time) and he said "do you really want to take the risk with your hair?"

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In-house Paharmacy have got a special deal on 3 months finpecia. I wanted to be able to reduce to 0.5mb if necessary and check sides etc otherwise I might have gone for Fincar as that's cheaper again.

Proscar is much more expensive than the generics although cheaper than Propecia.

Thanks for the positive feedbacks on the generics guys....we all want to spend as little as possible but no one wants to compromise the effects by saving money on something that isn't the real deal.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ordered Propecia genuine today. Going to take on every 4th day or so as I am still a tiny bit scheptical of the generic..I just want to be sure, i'll see if sides are any different over a few weeks..

I have increased libido if anything so thats what sets me thinking as almost everyone else gets the opposite. I am much more tired now so taking it in the evening and seen a few other posters had this side...its annoying so hope it will subside eventually as I need a cat nap in the afternoon and that's pretty difficult if your at work!

I get all my stuff from In-House Pharmacy, they seem to do a good job on delivery and pricing is good.

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a good idea to take every 4 days. Finasterides has a half life of 5-6 hours (time it takes for half the drug to leave your system) , therefore you will go days with out finasteride in your system. Its better to split them into 4ths and take them everyday.

nograce

Reaction score
no I think he take Finpecia 1,2,3 days than Propecia on 4. day.

I do it exactly like he does....

but in my oppinion....finpecia is the same as fu**** propecia.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You got it No grace.

Sounds like you've already tried that and assume no difference in results or sides?

if that's the case then as you say after trying it this time I will go just back to finpecia..save money.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
I have increased libido if anything so thats what sets me thinking as almost everyone else gets the opposite.
i had the same when i started finasteride but then sexual drive came crashing down. now it seems to be stabilising again.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just got real Propecia and it looks substantially different to the generic. Cost loads though as there was even extra customs tax to pay when it arrived. I am on 0.5mg per day now as sides were a bit too much.

I will try the real stuff and see how it goes.

My hairloss is as bad as it ever was if not worse and the finasteride seemed to be doing nothing to slow it down,so very disappointed and sad. I get ever closer to shaving head as I cannot stand the heavily receded hairline look specially when I play in a band every week.