General advice on where to go from here

hexedd

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry for the flood of posts I just recently discovered this board and am quite happy with the amount of activity on it.

I just would like some general advice from experience users. It's been 9 months on Propecia, 8 on nizoral, and 4 on Revivogen. Despite the treatments, I am still losing hair and shedding a fair bit, in fact the last month it has increased. I am not sure if my treatments are doing anything at all. I would like to add Xandrox to see if that helps, but at this point I'm not sure. The weird part is that the area that seems most affected is the vertex, which is odd since that is supposed to be one of the areas where treatments are most effective.

Should I stick it out with Propecia and Revivogen and see what happens or try adding xandrox? I'm very frustrated because I'm 22 and I got on this wagon early to try and stop it and so far it seems that nothing has done anything for me. My hair is still thick but it's starting to get thinner noticeably at the front, sides and vertex.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Our general consensus on this form is wait everything out for a year, if you have a regimen, stick with it religiously for a year and you will get the best results. The fact that you added revivogen midway into your regimen could have something to do with your increase in shedding (possibly, not for certain) and propecia often works in weird cycles with the shedding as well. if I were you I would try and stick it out for at least three more months, maybe even take a picture right now and see where you are at, and gauge it on the pics you take in three months.

that's my advice. you're still at the 9 month mark, so there is still time for a turn around. Some people on this site didn't see any big results until the 9-12 month range.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
hexedd said:
Despite the treatments, I am still losing hair and shedding a fair bit, in fact the last month it has increased.
Each time you add something to your regimen, you run the risk of starting the process over again. You may introduce a brand new shed, and you definitely introduce all new variables. Evaluate your succes in intervals of 6 months or more, and only add new products, one by one, in intervals of 6 to 12 months. Each time you add something, expect to shed. If it doesn't happen, great. If it does, expect it. This is a long term process.

hexedd said:
I would like to add Xandrox to see if that helps, but at this point I'm not sure.
The last thing you want to do is add something else. Patience is incredibly important. I would not add anything until you have been on Revivogen at least 8 months total.

A helpful post for you may be "The Three P's". Check it out, it relates to your situation pretty closely.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=12638

Good Luck and keep us posted!

HairLossTalk.com