Gave Up on Treatment Trying Again After Almost 20 Years

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO the same follicular vulnerability that can be caused by androgenic pattern hairloss is also a vulnerability to other disorders.

All I can say is I lost hair in a pattern style and it clearly has not been your typical androgenetic alopecia. I lost a lot in a patterned style back when I was 26 and basically got it all back on that occasion taking topical corticosteroids.

The best way I can describe people who are vulnerable to Androgenetic Alopecia pattern type hairloss is basically that those hair follicles are vulnerable in GENERAL to a wide variety of potential conditions and hormones. Just because it follows a pattern doesn't mean it's solely androgens, at least that has been my experience.

IMO now I don't believe that half of cases in the west are exclusively mediated by testosterone, I think a lot of them are due to insulin/blood sugar issues and high prolactin as a result of the stressful and poor dietary nature of western living, as well as underlying health issues.
Hello @DogoDiLaurentiis

I still don't understand how it's possible to regain hair by applying the corticosteroids cream.

Can you state if it help with Oily Scalp and inflammation.

How often you were Applying the cream. Did you had to used the cream through all these years to keep the inflammation down.

Thanks again for the help
Regards,

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find it rn, but there has been discussion regarding the use of dexamethasone and other corticosteroids increasing estrogen receptor expression. So basically, from my non professionally educated perspective it is like a switch or a junction which is shifted in the receptor dominance of hair which favors estrogen far more highly than testosterone or DHT.

So basically, even if you don't totally nuke your test levels, certain corticosteroids basically communicate to your follicle receptors to respond far more readily to estrogen than test.

This is where propecia may actually work better than beta sitosterol because beta sitosterol does inhibit aromatase whereas I'm not certain that propecia does. Despite that, the three main things I used to get my hair back 10 years ago was beta sitosterol as my primary DHT inhibitor, evening primrose oil, and betamethasone topical lotion.

Last edited:

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find it rn, but there has been discussion regarding the use of dexamethasone and other corticosteroids increasing estrogen receptor expression. So basically, from my non professionally educated perspective it is like a switch or a junction which is shifted in the receptor dominance of hair which favors estrogen far more highly than testosterone or DHT.

So basically, even if you don't totally nuke your test levels, certain corticosteroids basically communicate to your follicle receptors to respond far more readily to estrogen than test.

This is where propecia may actually work better than beta sitosterol because beta sitosterol does inhibit aromatase whereas I'm not certain that propecia does. Despite that, the three main things I used to get my hair back 10 years ago was beta sitosterol as my primary DHT inhibitor, evening primrose oil, and betamethasone topical lotion.
Thanks,

Very good knowledge here !

Do you know if replacing the Beta Sitosterol by the saw palmetto will have similar DHT protection. Or you think that the Beta sitosterol are far more potent.

Also did you apply the corticosteroids cream to the scalp been an cream and not liquid

Thanks

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks,

Very good knowledge here !

Do you know if replacing the Beta Sitosterol by the saw palmetto will have similar DHT protection. Or you think that the Beta sitosterol are far more potent.

Also did you apply the corticosteroids cream to the scalp been an cream and not liquid

Thanks

I honestly cannot tell you because I used saw palmetto all of like a week back in 2009 and shortly thereafter I started using new roots brand sterol complex. I feel in general that there's a more broad range of sterol like compounds as well as the fact that what I buy is derived from flax and then concentrated which may mean it is more potent.

I cannot guarantee any of this, I'm just going with my personal experience, you are welcome to try, I can't imagine it will hurt.