futuristic wigs, please read

avillax

Reaction score
Ok I saw this program on the discovery channel about this new technology for wigs that is being used in Japan.

Basically the wig comes with some latex scalp or something, and gets glued to your scalp, the amazing thing is that it looks absolutely natural, even if you pull your hair, it will look as if you are pulling your scalp, so you can even keep your hair short and no one will notice. You can even take a shower and swim with it!.

For what I read the price is $200 including the having the work done and it lasts 2 weeks, of course if it becomes popular price would probably go down.

I am balding but I also have curly hair which I don't like, and this wig seems like a really cool solution, you could basically have Flavio's hair.

Does anyone know more about this?, can you get your wig in the USA?, where can I see more information?

G

The thought of having something glued to your head is just disgusting. And the price is a joke, 200$ for 2 weeks :lol: .

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
There is nothing new about this.... and just because it is out of Japan doesn't make it new nor revolutionary. We'v been doing this type of system for years now. If your willing to pay 200.00 every 2 weeks you can have any hair you desire.

s.a.f

Reaction score
$200 for 2 weeks, :shock: imagine the cost over your lifetime!!! :freaked:

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
$200 for 2 weeks, :shock: imagine the cost over your lifetime!!! :freaked:

MOST Dudes after a few years go by drop down in to a lower priced program.... They learn how to make the units last longer or get into a unit which is made with a touch more durablity.

beemark

Reaction score
Nothing new....

They're just describing a disposable skin base hairpiece. They are readily available.

For guys who can afford them, I guess they are ok. But why would you want one? In my mind, it's just wasteful.

For just a bit more money, you can buy an undetectable Thin Skin unit that will last for months instead of weeks and you won't have to go to the fuss and expense of having a new piece cut in every 2 weeks.

Play with the numbers: 2 units per month is $400, cut-ins will be at least $50 each (plus tip) so that's another $100 (or more). So you are paying $300 per month or $3,600 per year (minimum). For HALF that money, you could buy 3 top-of-the-line pieces with genuine European hair (the best hair on the planet) - or 6 pieces made with high quality Indian hair.

I know what i would do....

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
it is a option though for guys who hate being bald?
It's an option that gurantees you hair (as much or little as you desire). even while you try all the lotions and potions that have time consuming, limited results...

As beemark and I point out, There are many varied ways and prices available in your quest. I personaly find that $400 - $500 a month for Vanity Hair is a bit more than MY Vanity is worth... but hey, if you can afford it and find it worthwhile to your lifestyle... then go for the gold ring.

But remember... good looking, natural, Hair Systems are available at prices to fit YOUR budget. You must maintain and replace them if you want to keep your image intact..

Don't let it become a RUG, Dead Animal or other piece of Crap on your head. If you not going to maintain and replace it as needed, then buy some hats. None of us want to see you in a RUG.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes it is what you would call a hair replacement system, or better known as a rug, wig, hairpiece or toupee.
I myself, wear and maintain my own hairpiece so I`m not about to go bashing the idea.
There are better ways of going about it though.
One of the problems with this thing from Japan (starts with a "P") is the short time that it lasts.
Normally, when you get a hairpeice, which needs to be custom made to fit your scalp properly as well as cover your balding area correctly, it takes a good 5-8 weeks for them to make one.
At two weeks lifespan, the ability to make them versus their speed of wearing out is a bit off.
You would need to order several units form the start in order to be sure that you have what you need to last until its time to re-order.
And if they make a mistake and get it wrong, you`re out another 5-8 weeks until they can get them remade for you.
The other thing is, they should last longer than two weeks.
Alot longer.

Try doing a websearch for hair replacement and read through some of the websites that sell hairpieces.
You`ll learn alot, and you`ll see that this new wave technology from the far east is just old news with a new name, and one that made it to the Discovery channel before the others did.

IBM

Reaction score
so much trouble to maintain an hairpiece and yet we take the risk of some proudy topcat steal it.

beemark

Reaction score
So much work???

I don't see wearing hair as taking a lot of effort. Early on, there was a learning curve - how to do things done correctly, which products to use, etc.

Now that I am comfortable with it, it's just second nature to me. Each day, I blow my hair dry after I shower - and that's something I would still need to do if i had my natural hair. Every Friday evening, I remove my hairpiece & clean my scalp, which takes 15 - 20 minutes. Then Saturday morning, I re-attach, which takes about 10 minutes using Base Bond, and I'm good to go.

jas000

Reaction score
sounds pretty much like hair club , dude after a while if your not bill gates you wil live l in a box and all u will have is the hairpiece, but hey man if you got it like gates do it

beemark

Reaction score
Are you kidding?

My TOTAL annual cost is about $1,500 a year ($125 per month). This includes 4 new pieces per year and supplies. That's not a financial burden to me or to most people I know.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes thats a good deal, but it sure would take alot more money to keep yourself covered in them 200 dollar every two weeks skin units.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
That unit which they are marketing as being replaced every two weeks is being touted as the Rolls Royce and it certainly would be nice to be able to attain such a lofty goal. The unit will most likely last 2 to 6 times that time period.

"But" if I can attract your attention with this two week unit, but you can't afford it.... then I can sell you something a little further down the line of expense. When I started in this business... I was told to always push 2 units at a time..... they say it's too much! You back down to 1. If you start with 1!, there is no where to back down too. So in Sales... start high, and come down to where they think they can afford it.