FUSS vrs FUE

G

Hello everyone,

So I have decided to get 2000 hairs grafted to my hair line I have even picked my doctor.

What I am trying to decide is FUSS or FUE.

I have think hair and the dr has recommended FUSS as the procedure as he feels that it would suit me best.

Any thoughts I can pick either so would love some input?

G

Jkriley i would make it your own choice but strip is going to be alot less expensive and more effective for bigger procedures like that one i personally think as i just had 2000 grafts put in 4 days ago vie strip.

Damo

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If money is not an issue for you then definitely FUE.

There is always a potential for problems with FUSS such as scar stretching etc no matter how good the Doctor is. Also it definitely limits your future ability to have the hair very short, which you may want if your loss progresses significantly.

G

global said:
If money is not an issue for you then definitely FUE.

There is always a potential for problems with FUSS such as scar stretching etc no matter how good the Doctor is. Also it definitely limits your future ability to have the hair very short, which you may want if your loss progresses significantly.

See i was told diffrently, i was told with my hair thinkness FUSS would be fine, and that i would get better reuslts with FUSS.

Thats why i am not sure i was told that by 3 diffrent dr

And i have seen people who had FUE done and it dose leave visble marks that look bad with short hair so not sure if that is a factor my

G

Jkriley i just have had my 2nd strip procedure and the scar is so miminal you will never know its there.Both types of procedures leave scars regardless.I think you get bigger bang for your buck with strip.

Damo

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes in most cases strip only leaves a small scar, but in a minority of cases the scar stretches and can become a significant issue. This can occur regardless of how good the surgeon is as it depends on your own physiology.

FUE could leave some scarring in the donor area, but if the surgeon is good it shouldn't leave any. In any case scarring from FUE would always be less than for FUSS.

G

Global i agree but dont you think you get more results with strip and its less expensive too!!

Damo

G

global said:
Yes in most cases strip only leaves a small scar, but in a minority of cases the scar stretches and can become a significant issue. This can occur regardless of how good the surgeon is as it depends on your own physiology.

FUE could leave some scarring in the donor area, but if the surgeon is good it shouldn't leave any. In any case scarring from FUE would always be less than for FUSS.

I was told the FUE will always leave a little scare i was told that buy all 3 dr's i saw.

I was also told that for waht i want FUSS was what i should do so looks like it is the winner for me for now.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Global i agree but dont you think you get more results with strip and its less expensive too!!

Damo

Yes you definitely get more for your money, but if money isnt an issue then IMO FUE is better.

G

Jkriley go for whats best for you,but just keep in mind they both will leave a scar.But if money is not a issue then go for FUE.Most people cant afford to go down that path as it cost abundances of $$$$$

Damo

G

A decision regarding the method of technology should really be preceded by the definition of the patient's goals.

What exactly is the patient trying to acheive and what are the concerns? Does the patient desire to have the current and future option of wearing their hair buzzed or will they wear it long enough to hide the thin linear scar from strip?

Is the patient seeking a small amount of restoration or is the need over 2500 grafts and even more in future procedures?

How important does is the economic side?

Is it possible to have the lineaer scar from strip filled in with FUE later?

Is it possible for the patient to have a moth-eaten appearance in the donor area from doing large and/or repeated sessions of FUE? Remember, BOTH strip and FUE leave scarring because it is virtually impossible to cut or lacerate tissue without scar tissue developed by the body to heal the wound. The real issue is "how visible" can/will it be?

Some good questions to answer before a decision is made! :roll:

G

Jkriley they are all the pro's and con's i made before opting to have my 2 Hair transplant proecdure with strip surgery. Ive got no regrets!!

Damo