FUE into Strip Scar.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well. After my hair transplant with Feller in March 08' I'm still fairly unhappy with the strip scar on the back to right side of my head.

I'm looking to have a small FUE procedure into the scar in order to put my daily Toppik routine to rest once and for all. Every day I have to use a handheld mirror against a regular mirror and carefully powder toppik all over the scar for a mediocre result and I'm becoming more and more furious as each day passes.

Anyway without going into it too much I'm looking for recommendations on docs who can perform FUE into scars, Umar, Cole, etc...since I haven't been here in a long time I'm not sure who's the best in the game anymore and am looking for some insight.

Thanks.

Also what do you think of BHT for the scar? A very thin area and will be cut short of course so looking wirey shouldn't be an issue.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody......?

bullitnut

Reaction score
Hey person guy welcome back dude:)

I have seen an FUE into a strip scar result up close in person from Shapiro Medical.....the patient was from the UK so i got to meet him..... and i was very impressed with what i saw.

best wishes in your research bullit

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Update:

I had 200 grafts into my scar with Cole last week.

I'm fairly optimistic and only time will tell.

On a side note, Dr. Cole himself is reassuringly professional. His office staff was awesome. He's just a nice guy who is very good at what he does. Not to mention his office is fairly private. While some docs keep their offices in crowded office buildings with many different businesses, Cole has a much more private operation. It's nice not to have to ride an elevator down to a parking garage with 7 or 8 other people staring at you after you just had a transplant.

I'll keep you guys updated with the results.

If I had to go back to anyone in the future, Cole would be at the top of my list. I'm still gonna give it some time though to see how the grafts grow and then I can hopefully reaffirm my faith in him.

Hairyer Jet

Reaction score
Just wondering if they shaved any part of your head (extraction site and scar area) day of surgery or did they do it with their newer technique C2G ? Reason I ask is if I get Strip first then need a second hair transplant, say I go FUE, it's nice NOT to shave donor area and reveal the smiley scar.

If he used C2G, did he mention if he gets good results with that?

My ideal hair transplant would be not shaving anything, FUE with high yield 3500-4000 grafts but that may be unrealistic.

Best of luck Guy and keep us updated.