f*** "hairfolicle Management" - Hair Is Way More Important In Age Under 40

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong and no offense to elderly users: having great hair in your elderly days is amazing and sth desirable

Look at this 70 year old for example:

tv_modine2_index1a.jpg

Amazing.

However not everyone is blessed with anti balding genes. In fact some peopöe start to bald quit early and they have to make a choice.

Restoring their prime hairline

Or

Conservative approach, conservativ hairline bc "your hairfolicles are restricted..you may look off with 55...dont get an hair transplant before 35..keep observing how your norwood 2 is developing in the next 10 years"

I say f*** that sh*t.

I rather cruise with a norwood 1 hairline until 40 and then shave it all off - maybe when i keep balding behind implant even remove it all with lasers - then walking around in my 30 with a norwood 2 - 3 hairline with density beyond good and bad

Bc lets be honest - looks and hair is way much important if youre young/middle old

Bald guy in their 50s? Who cares.

Even with hair most people with 50 arent really "eye catchers"

Thoughts?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I think that pic is of Matthew Modine, he’s 58.

Hair is extremely important to one’s appearance and identity. It’s more important when you are young though as appearance and identity are crucial during that stage of life.

40 is such an arbitrary cut off. I have news for you, you are still going to want to get laid and be thought of as attractive in your 40s. Luckily most of your peers will be in the same hair loss issues boat as you by then though, that’s the only consolation. When you are young and balding you feel like “the only one,” and that’s a terrible feeling.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that pic is of Matthew Modine, he’s 58.

Hair is extremely important to one’s appearance and identity. It’s more important when you are young though as appearance and identity are crucial during that stage of life.

40 is such an arbitrary cut off. I have news for you, you are still going to want to get laid and be thought of as attractive in your 40s. Luckily most of your peers will be in the same hair loss issues boat as you by then though, that’s the only consolation. When you are young and balding you feel like “the only one,” and that’s a terrible feeling.

Ofc you want to look good in every age but lets be honest here

The elder you get the less important looks become

Eg for dating

You see elderly guys with hot chicks - but these guys are rich, sucessful and often celebreties

Other factors then looks are more deciding

And if i have to decide between norwood 2/3 from 25 to 60

Or norwood 1 from 0 to 40 and a fucked up scalp area after it i go with the second one

But ill agree with you..in ten years i might think different about this

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3382.JPG

I think theres a BIG difference between hairloss and going 'bald'.

Im 31 and nw2 and with hairline thinning. my fear is going slick bald on top. I could live with being 40+ and having thin hair like you see alot of middle age men with (1st pic) At least that way your face is still framed. If i knew i would keep that way the rest of my life i could settle. Thoigh if the whole top of my head went slick it would be a nightmare.

Problem is you never know if your old thin hair will see it out or if everythings going to go...

On a side note..i always think aswell a hair transplant is good up front because even if you go bald eventually and have to shave at least you will have the hairline outline for framing.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not being bald is important for a person's career.

Especially if you work in the technology field. I had a manager who disliked me because
I was tall, and to a lesser extent, because I am "old", in the technology field.

He had little mans syndrome, always referred his boss as having "tall man syndrome", in
addition, he was just an a**h**. (A five foot three a**h**).

Fortunately, I was able to find another job.

Where I work, a lot of men who still have their hair do have higher position jobs (although one
is bald).

Looks do matter in a technology career, unless you work in online marketing.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Not being bald is important for a person's career.

Especially if you work in the technology field. I had a manager who disliked me because
I was tall, and to a lesser extent, because I am "old", in the technology field.

He had little mans syndrome, always referred his boss as having "tall man syndrome", in
addition, he was just an a**h**. (A five foot three a**h**).

Fortunately, I was able to find another job.

Where I work, a lot of men who still have their hair do have higher position jobs (although one
is bald).

Looks do matter in a technology career, unless you work in online marketing.

I work in finance sector and pretty much most of the people who work in senior positions, including executives, are bald as f***. I would say most of them razor shave/no guard buzz and the rest just rock a power donut.

At least in the field of finance you could do well without hair. However, if you let hair loss to interfere your confidence and your life in general, you are done in finance (easier said than done lol).

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
A good long term plan is best. You don't magically stop caring how you look when your age turns to a certain number

Best to get on medication and maintain/restore as much native hair as possible

And how do we know that dude in the top pick isn't on finasteride? We make a lot of assumptions about people's genetics on here