Frunby's Story

lynne

Reaction score
Hi, just signed up but will still keep it brief.

at 16 my dad (whose bald) noticed i had huge amounts of dandruff and pointed it out (at the time i wasn't in2 washing my hair so it was greasy as hell). I washed it and tried to get rid of it all.

in the shower drain and on my comb i noticed hairs but wasn't sure if it had always been like that so had all this denial of hair loss to look forward to for a while. Was in and out of denial till about 18 and now (at 19) finally accepted it and don't care as much as i thought i would (but i will still choose to do anything to stop it)

hair line has been receding slowly since 16 and a couple of years ago i noticed the front of my hairling losing some density and when my hair's wet i can just about tell that it's slightly thinner on top than on the sides so....

that's me, an early balder. My dad said he was noticeably bald at about 23 and i'm expecting to be the same but i get comments about my hairline, every once in a while, now already anyway.

DovF

Reaction score
Start combo treatment now

Hairloss is progressive. The sooner you treat it the better.
I suggest that you use a combination that includes
1) Anti-DHT drug. (DHT is the hormone that tells programed follicles to wither and die. Since we can't reprogram your follicles, yet anyway, kill the messenger!)
2. Growth stimulant. (You want to regrow some lost hair.)
3. Anti-inflammatory (you want to keep your scalp healthy.)

There are many anti-DHT treatments ranging from FDA approved drugs like Propecia or Avodart, to "herbal substitutes" like pygium extract or Saw Palmetto. There are also shampoos or creams that contain anti-DHT extracts. I would go with the last path. There is no reason to screw with your internal androgen levels.

There are many growth stimulants. The most common is minoxidil.
(I use a minoxidil-tretinoin combination.)

Given your excessive sebum, you may want to try Nizoral, as it is a good ant-dandruff shampoo with anti-DHT properties.

A topical Anti-DHT treatment with a Vitamin A derivative (Azleic Acid or Retin-A/Tretinoin) will both dry out your scalp, clear your sebacious gland, and reduce the DHT.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Funby, are you planning on going any treatments?

If you do starting going on DHT-inhibitors (eg finasteride, dutasteride) dump the soy milk! Consuming precursor-estrogen (soy) while decreasing anti-estrogen (DHT) = manboobs or worse.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Soy has been shown in lab to severely reduce libido and the results are long lasting..

:shock:

I used to be a soy fanatic (mad cow) until I found that out. Soy makes men into women.