Frizz, Buildup, Weighed Down Hair? A STRONG recommendation.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Okay folks. This is the FIRST time I have ever liked a shampoo product SO much I had to start a thread about it.

I have been told many times by my hairstylist about the importance of using a 'clarifying' shampoo from time to time to remove buildups left from scaled conditioners, hairspray, and hard water minerals. Well, (don't ask me how) but somehow I got into a conversation with a female coworker at my office about hair, and this topic came up. She told me, 'everyone in LA, everyone in So Cal, should be using this shampoo once a week because it gets rid of the mineral deposits from the hard water we have here... AND, it wipes out buildup left over from styling products and overconditioning from using moisturizing shampoos too much.'

The product she recommended is made by Joico, it is called Joico Resolve Chelating Shampoo.

On many an occasion my hair feels frizzy. I'll shampoo it in the mornings, condition it, and it will feel good for a while until the evening comes and then it starts feeling brittle and weighed-down again.

I went to Rite Aid, which carries this shampoo, and picked it up and shampooed with it. All I can say is un f*****g believable. This sh*t is amazing. My hair was soft as the vellous hairs on my ***, flexible, natural-feeling, and the frizz was gone. No weighed-down feeling, my hair felt CLEAN.

From my basic chemistry knowledge from college, a 'chelating' substance I believe relates to something ionic that releases the cling that some substances have on other substances. The purpose of this shampoo is to remove buildup from sh*t we put into our hairs that does not wash out when we shower afterwards. For us Southern Californians who have very 'hard' tap water from the Colorado, the minerals and salts in the water add buildup as well. This shampoo, according to the label, is supposed to strip this sh*t off and oh what a difference it has made. It is not to be used everyday, just once or twice a week or less, depending on your situation... but I very highly recommend it to anyone out there dealing with frizzy or weighed down hair. After using this shampoo several days now, I am also convinced that Nizoral leaves LOTS of buildup in the hair... because the morning after an evening nizoral shampooing I used this and the normal nizoral Friz was gone!

Please someone else here who is willing to do a little science fair experiment go to Rite Aid or wherever, pick up this shampoo, and try it. Post here if you do and please let us know what you think of it.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, such posts are like window shopping at 3 am. I can look but not touch. America is so full of wonderful products I can only dream about at night here in Korea.
It's not enough to make me go home, but it's enough to make me drool sometimes.
:(

Cassin

Reaction score
I will grab some this weekend and give it a go. Though we don't have Rite-Aids in Dallas. I am sure I will find it somewhere.

I buy into the "product buildup" causing problems with the scalp. This is why I use this very expensive hair spray called "Sap Moss" by Aveda. I drive 30 minutes to get it. If anyone has some extra cash to spend, give it a try. My hair is rather short and one bottle lasts me about 2 months. Worth every penny.

http://www.aveda.com/products/product.a ... N=150&SCN=

I am always up for trying a new shampoo.......

male pattern baldness has turned us into women :(