French Lace, Long Hair, Cleaning Off The Ghost Bond Xl, Nightmare... Help!!!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Having HUGE problems with cleaning my system.

I have yet to be able to do a hairline cleaning since when I start with the cotton to get the glue off the base, it gets stuck in the hair... and I wind up having to take the system off, and clean the entire thing.

This is where I have the most problems with shedding, also.

The glue moves off the lace and gets stuck in the 14" hair. I wind up losing lots of hairs to cleaning them, individually.

Ghost buster helps to dissolve the glue off the hairs, but it takes HOURS to clean.

I can't move to something other than lace since I need it to breath, and Ghost Buster XL is the only glue that won't melt in the middle eastern sun.

I would prefer to NOT cut the hair short, and I just ordered a second unit, with a slightly different configuration to help fight shedding.

S

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you find glue on the hair put some conditioner in your hair and wait 5-10 minutes. After that gently try to remove the glue with a fine toothed comb

Probably few or barely hairs will be pulled off but it shouldnt lead to shedding

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do clean with my hands, it takes a bit of patience but thats the best way to keep your system healthy. others would recommend to use some alcoholic stuff or something like that but thats just the way I do

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spoke with the guys at OHHR, they advised that I switch to tape, using GBXL only for the front. Going to give it a shot, next removal.

BTW, using conditioner to remove glue "boogers" totally worked!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Ghostbond.

Glooping and a mare to clean off. It (the intensity of the clean up) was damaging my lace when I was using the ghost at the front. Now I just use liquid glue for touch ups.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you use all tape?

I wonder if I can do that with a style that's always pulled into a high topknot?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The 3 mm tape from Hairdirect is doing a decent job especially under severe lights you get in lifts.

I am finding that a nice clean and sharp cut front lace helps too when blending the piece against skin.