Found An Article On Melatonin For Hair Loss

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
F that website post so much bs about hair loss cures... click bait.

It is more than likely nothing, but something cheap for people to try that are aiming for a more natural approach. I've been doing decent with microneedling + minoxidil + RU + LCLT, so I'm not adding anything unless progress stalls.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been used in compounded topicals in Italy for several years, no one ever reported results with it. It's a powerful anti-oxidant though, so it can't be harmful.

It makes more sense to add cetirizine, if you are looking for some additional help.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Melatonin is very powerful, try to avoid any artificial light after sunset and you’ll never go back

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is more than likely nothing, but something cheap for people to try that are aiming for a more natural approach. I've been doing decent with microneedling + minoxidil + RU + LCLT, so I'm not adding anything unless progress stalls.

Where’d you get the RU bro?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I add melatonin to my minoxidil since 3 years. I take it partially orally too. No improvment.
Stop dreaming.

jazz1

Reaction score
True but then Jazz wouldn't get his commission from MAA.

I don’t get paid or commission go check I pay for my Topical Finasteride compound, I posted all the proof. I only recommend them because they agreed to give us forums discount and I’m great-full they are in business to sell me Topical Finasteride compound. As here in the United Kingdom we don’t have the topical options. I use to always recommend Dr Klein before, until he passed away as I used promox for years and people assumed i was his shill for recommended his promox. Then before him was Dr Lee, so you can assume all you like I don’t get paid or commission.

Last edited:

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
The percentages used in studies are like .003%. Lots of things have a U-shaped response curve and more beyond a certain point is sometimes worse, not better.

Anyone can make a .003% topical by crushing a 2mg melatonin tablet and dissolving in ethanol / water / pg.

I’m starting on it now.