Formulation Of Sodium Valproate Nanospanlastics As A Promising Approach In Androgenetic Alopecia

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Formulation of Sodium Valproate Nanospanlastics as a Promising Approach for Drug Repurposing in the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia
Farid A Badria 1, Hassan A Fayed 2, Amira K Ibraheem 3, Ahmed F State 2, Eman A Mazyed 4

https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmaceutics12090866

Abstract
The topical SV has a hair regenerative potential through activating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway and anagen phase induction. The aim of the current investigation was to fabricate nanospanlastics of SV for improving its dermal delivery by providing prolonged drug effect and increasing its permeability for treatment of androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). SV-loaded nanospanlastics were formulated according to 23 factorial design by ethanol injection method using a non-ionic surfactant (Span 60) and edge activators (EAs), such as Tween 80 and Cremophor RH 40, to explore the influence of different independent variables on entrapment efficiency (EE%) and percentage drug released after 12 h (Q12h) in order to choose the optimized formula using Design-Expert software. The optimized formula (F8) appeared as spherical deformable vesicles with EE% of 90.32 ± 2.18% and Q12h of 90.27 ± 1.98%. F8 exhibited significant improvement of ex vivo permeation than free SV. The clinical study exhibited no comparable difference between F8 and marketed minoxidil lotion. However, F8 demonstrates less adverse effects than minoxidil lotion. Nanospanlastics could be a safe and effective method for improving the topical delivery of SV in the management of Androgenetic Alopecia.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Is it me or these pictures are quite good? (at least in terms of usual studies)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I genuinely believe we don't need any new molecules to cure Androgenetic Alopecia.

What we do need is better vehicles and delivery methods which can greatly improve localized delivery and skin retention. Take some of these fancy nanovesicles, load up with dutasteride, Bica or Cypro and you're sorted. Hell, load them with ARD-69.

Any delivery method that could achieve >75% skin retention and this sh*t is cured son.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I genuinely believe we don't need any new molecules to cure Androgenetic Alopecia.

What we do need is better vehicles and delivery methods which can greatly improve localized delivery and skin retention. Take some of these fancy nanovesicles, load up with dutasteride, Bica or Cypro and you're sorted. Hell, load them with ARD-69.

Any delivery method that could achieve >75% skin retention and this sh*t is cured son.
By good carriers, do you mean the ones that can limit systemic absorption?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
By good carriers, do you mean the ones that can limit systemic absorption?

Exactly that. I don't have penetration issues... I have the opposite issue that everything I put on my scalp even if it's in distilled water ends up going systemic because I apparently have a sieve on top of my head and not a complex multi-functional skin barrier.

So yeah, some kind of fancy lipophilic vehicle that can help anchor drugs to the fat layer and hair follicles... that's what people like me dream of.

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr I think I may have a similar issue with an ineffective skin barrier that results in anything going systemic. I've been searching for any methods or reading on ways to improve the scalp skin barrier and reduce scalp porosity. You found anything interesting or useful on that front you can point me to?