For those who are taking Oral Minoxidil

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is “trugain” what you mean? Is this a legitimate product? I’ve never really heard of people using 10% topical but seems a worthwhile idea, anyone using it??
no idea what trugain is... i was using regrowth labs...
there is another brand that doesnhigh concentrate minoxidil, minoxidilmax and follics... no experience with them, though i wanted to try follics, before i decided to buy oral...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
how did it work for you?? I just found this, dont know anything about it either..
10-minoxidil-foam-extra-strength-hair-regrowth-promoter-for-men
i was using 7% minoxidil only, mainly because that one cost the same as 5 with alcohol and it had acelaic acid...
dont think it made much if a difference, i cant tell you...
i started with kirkland and was seeing results quite early, but it fucked up my scalp... regrowth labs was the only one i could find that didnt have alcohol in it, honestly that was the only reason i bought it...
after that nothing changed, might just not be a good responder, though

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was using 7% minoxidil only, mainly because that one cost the same as 5 with alcohol and it had acelaic acid...
dont think it made much if a difference, i cant tell you...
i started with kirkland and was seeing results quite early, but it fucked up my scalp... regrowth labs was the only one i could find that didnt have alcohol in it, honestly that was the only reason i bought it...
after that nothing changed, might just not be a good responder, though
Thanks, yes the alcohol sucks, this is pretty high, but I like the foams because no Pg, which leaves a weird residue. I’ve been trying to apply some oil daily to make up for the alcohols drying effect

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, yes the alcohol sucks, this is pretty high, but I like the foams because no Pg, which leaves a weird residue. I’ve been trying to apply some oil daily to make up for the alcohols drying effect
i had rashes on my scalp, even on my forehead and that started about three weeks in... i dropped it the next day^^
then when i changed brands i somehow didnt have any new regrowth, but no idea if that was because it just didnt work, or if everything that could have regrown already happened in those few weeks and then i just maintained...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on peripheral sides which means mostly increased hair growth below the eyelashes. But up to 10mg equivalent, twice daily is highly effective but beyond that point or even before, there might be a great increase in water retention and BP needs to not be an issue if doing this DIY but at worst, someone is likely to faint but I am no doctor and doctors themselves have no idea really. Titrate slowly for safety and to minimize sides and then see how it works. Even after HRT was already working, drinking topical took me to a much higher regrowth speed to where almost literally, my hair looks better every day and it's down to my shoulders in the back and well past my ears, i.e., far longer than I ever wore it even after a teen. Once the balding process is begun, even hair length is dramatically reduced due to decreases in the length of anagen.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Janey or anyone care to rehash the dosages via Kirkland or some other brand.. Assuming I went that route which I dont want to. My Derm wants my BP monitored, which seems like a good idea.
Divide the topical dose of 5% in ml by two and remove the decimal point. So .25ml daily equals roughly (since topical lacks stabilizing fillers) 12.5mg daily of Loniten which is plenty for virtually everyone and this is my current dosage down from .5ml daily. Because of the short half-life, you can follow up in the evening or morning with topical or foam or you can split the dose into morning and evening.

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you guys are looking for oral minoxidil tablets. Google loxidil forte 10mg. Thats the stuff I buy and its powerful stuff and it's cheap. Just cut the tablets in half or fourths.