for the front

markymark123

Established Member
Reaction score
im looking to gain just a little bit on one temple as my hair line is unevenly receded, if i got just a little back i would glady suppor the 1/4" shaved look. my question is (keep in mind ive never used minoxidil), could i start off just with xandrox 12.5% say every night, and see results and maintain that for a few years, the xandrox appeals to me cause a lotion would seem much easier to apply to a totally hairless area, then the liquid whcih would run like mad. is it better to start off at the 2% then 5% then 12 and 15, or since its fairly thick eslewhere and i am on propecia, could i be set with the 12.5. thanks

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, even once a day it would help. 2% is low but you could try 5%. Results may be somewhat modest.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard much good about the xandrox lotion over the years. I'd just go with 5% before bed. If you order from Lee, order one of his empty dabber bottles. I don't know if they're on the order page, but you should be able to request one in the comments section. Think they're only a buck or two.

I really dig the dabber for hairline application of minoxidil. I can use it along the part too but usually use the dropper. If you get Lee's regular minoxidil, you could probably hit the hairline twice a day with no trouble.

If the 5% doesn't do the job after 6-8 months, then maybe try a higher concentration.