For People Who Cut Their Own Hair Here...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Even if you do a good job, does it make you feel embarrassed that you don't go to a regular barbershop like everyone else?

Today, after not getting a haircut for 2 months, I decided the time had come. My shitty diffuse/combover was looking pretty bad, and I wanted to just buzz my head, but felt ashamed to take my garbage hair into the bright lights of the hair salon.

So...I just buzzed it using clippers and it doesn't look half bad. Still though, while doing it, I thought to myself "Dang, what a loser I am, I can't believe I'm doing this..."

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to go every 3 weeks or I look like a rapist. So, I go to the cheap Turkish ones. Full of young people waiting to get a haircut. The best part is when he wets the hair and you look in the mirror in the guy is cutting your 2 hairs on the head. +10 suizid points.
So, if I could cut my hair, I would do it.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I need to go every 3 weeks or I look like a rapist. So, I go to the cheap Turkish ones. Full of young people waiting to get a haircut. The best part is when he wets the hair and you look in the mirror in the guy is cutting your 2 hairs on the head. +10 suizid points.

Bro get some clippers and try it, maybe like a 7 on top and a 2 on the sides and back, and trim with scissors any little spots you may miss.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Some women like that look.

Ask some of the actresses who worked for Weinstein. It worked for them, didn't it?

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if you do a good job, does it make you feel embarrassed that you don't go to a regular barbershop like everyone else?

Today, after not getting a haircut for 2 months, I decided the time had come. My shitty diffuse/combover was looking pretty bad, and I wanted to just buzz my head, but felt ashamed to take my garbage hair into the bright lights of the hair salon.

So...I just buzzed it using clippers and it doesn't look half bad. Still though, while doing it, I thought to myself "Dang, what a loser I am, I can't believe I'm doing this..."

To be honest, I don't see why you should feel bad about it?

You're saving money in the long term, it's less hassle and easier. Once your shaving yourself in win in some ways. In the sense that you no longer are trying to keep your hair long, you are accepting your situation and not trying to cover it up. I haven't shaved myself but many guys mention it's a relief and I'm sure it is.

I was close to shaving but recently came back from holiday and realised that with a tan my hairloss looks much less severe.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
My sisters friend is a hair dresser, she comes round to the house to cut my hair, before that i used clippers, but i like my hair fairly long so it's hard to cut properly. Would return to cutting myself if needed, hate going to the barbers with my crown as bad as it is.

Last edited:

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i actually cut my own hair for 2 years even when i wasnt badly receded as right now. i didnt really care, its just that it looked far more ugly than when i got it done at hairdresser.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sisters friend is a hair dresser, she comes round to the house to cut my hair, before that i used clippers, but i like my hair fairly long so it's hard to cut properly. Would return to cutting myself if needed, hate going to the barbers with my crown as bad as it is.
whats ur Norwood?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was actually embarrassed about going to the barber when I first started balding to the point where I spent like 8 months cutting my own hair. It looked like crap and I effectively wasted all that time of having decent hair. I've gone to the barber ever since even as my hair has deteriorated. Yeah it feels bad when he wets your head and you're completely exposed but he does a way better job than me in my bathroom.

The guy I go to is really good as well at making my hair look good. Legit he takes 20 seconds with his comb and fingers to style it in a way I can't replicate despite spending all morning at home.

But if you can do a decent job and all you're doing is buzzing, then might as well do it at home