Follica raises $11M in 2nd round of venture financing

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
These are really great news...something will get out of this....lets pray it would be the "cure".
If not...at least mouses won't be bothered with male pattern baldness :roll:

Striver

Reaction score
Dario: I see you are from Zagreb. I have an interesting story to tell about what happened there in the 60-70's, which binds together Follica too in an interesting way :) . My parents (we lived in Bosnia) had some neighbours who had a son which was born with really bad hair, just like male pattern baldness. When he was 13-14, he heard his school mates used some oil to strengthen the hair. The guy didn't know much better so he used burned motor oil and applied it to the scalp. The head got inflammated, scars started to appear everywhere, it was a total mess. He was sent to Zagreb to fix that. After he returned, there were no scars and the skin healed perfectly. What was astonishing is that just shortly after, hair started to grow all over the head! He got extremly nice hair my parents recall, he could comb it, style it however he wanted. Even better hair than many of his peers they said :).
This is probably one of those events that occured worldwide at that time, but they had no clue why that happened. Hopefully Follica will take it to a new level now.
Regards from Sweden!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Striver said:
Dario: I see you are from Zagreb. I have an interesting story to tell about what happened there in the 60-70's, which binds together Follica too in an interesting way :) . My parents (we lived in Bosnia) had some neighbours who had a son which was born with really bad hair, just like male pattern baldness. When he was 13-14, he heard his school mates used some oil to strengthen the hair. The guy didn't know much better so he used burned motor oil and applied it to the scalp. The head got inflammated, scars started to appear everywhere, it was a total mess. He was sent to Zagreb to fix that. After he returned, there were no scars and the skin healed perfectly. What was astonishing is that just shortly after, hair started to grow all over the head! He got extremly nice hair my parents recall, he could comb it, style it however he wanted. Even better hair than many of his peers they said :).
This is probably one of those events that occured worldwide at that time, but they had no clue why that happened. Hopefully Follica will take it to a new level now.
Regards from Sweden!

lol...mail me his address...so I can take a visit...maybe put some oil by my self. :)

Striver

Reaction score
This story really fills me with optimism when I think about Follica. I just hope they hurry up and present the results they got.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
I think Follica realizes there's a considerable amount of companies/organizations all competing to be the first to market with a REAL hair loss treatment/cure. They know that if they succeed in 10 years, they might be 5 years too late, or even if they succeed in 5 years, they might be 1 or 2 years too late. That was really the only point of taking in another $11M; to speed things up.

Think about it, so far we KNOW about:

Aderans
Follica
Histogen
Intercytex
Laminin-511 (Stanford)
Luna
RNL Bio
Taiwan University

And possibly a few others that have been quiet for a while. It's literally a race to the finish line at this point. I'd personally be absolutely shocked if in 10 years NONE of these (or yet-to-be-knowns) has made it to the market as a viable treatment. Don't forget Antonio Armani himself thinks 5 years is already way too long.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Great post Matt and I agree that we are looking at 5 years max. Everyone always says that they have been hearing the old 5 year saying for a long time but the field has advanced immensely and I believe we are a lot closer than everyone thinks. I think some of these companies are playing it hush hush so they cannot be copied. I believe this is great news for the balding world as most likely they will not have to worry about hairloss in the very near future and those guys that just started thinning or are in the early stages will most likely never have to deal with full blown balding if they jump on meds and at the very least maintain. This whole cure deal should give guys peace of mind and relieve the stress a little as they will not have to deal with it for long.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm sorry I think even in ten to twenty years we will still be hearng "it's five to ten years away". :thumbdown2: