Follica or Hair Multiplication?

souljaboytellem

Reaction score
Hi,

Im 18 and trying to preserve my hair loss, i cannot see myself taking drugs my entire life. So when im old enough to afford it, say 28 i think ill consider some sort of surgery to fix whatever i have lost by then.

I have heard about these two practices, and was wondering which one seems to be more promising? will they be out in say 8 to 12 years time?. From what i have read hair multiplication seems like the more realistic idea but i could be wrong?.

Thanks

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been watching the "Hm thing" for quite some time now, and i can tell you this, in the last 3-5 years each and every year its "5 years away" ( i belive you can find posts from 2004 on this board that talk about it too) so perosnaly i wouldnt recomand you to trust that, just get on finasteride or save for a hair transplant later on...(and if you have a good headshape, work on accpetance and shave it all off)

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica or HM?

Both are still in their infancy. It could be years before either comes out so I really wouldn't hold your breath there.

DO NOT consider a hair transplant if you haven't first considered, a), how progressive your hair loss will become and b), how you will react to topical drugs. If I were you I'd get on Finasteride (Propecia being the main brand) and Minoxidil (5% foam is best) and see if these manage to halt or at least slow down your hair loss. You'll need to give it 18 mths - 2 years
I almost made the mistake of getting a hair transplant 6 mths after first noticing hair loss and boy am I glad I didn't do it. Although I'm receding I have managed to slow hairloss down a bit with finasteride and minoxidil. If I had gone for the hair transplant I'd have been left with 2 islands on each side of my temple/forehead, which would have looked ridiculous now!