Follica Announce Expected Fda Filing In 2020

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
They are still following the basic protocol laid out by Dhurat which follows the same research Follica does. If you think they've come up with some other magical protocol for skin disruption, you are delusional.

By the way, people keep referring to burns. As far as I know there was just the one person who fell into a campfire who was on a banned arthritis medication. If anyone else has regrown hair from burns, please enlighten me.

I’m curious what you hope to gain by following this thread if you’re already certain of both the protocol, and it’s outcome?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m curious what you hope to gain by following this thread if you’re already certain of both the protocol, and it’s outcome?

You misunderstand me. I'm not dismissive of Follica, I just don't see any reason to believe the initial release will be superior to the Dhurat protocol. I am still interested in the results of their studies, and what new compounds they are testing for future approval. They should be able to tell us precisely with what depth and frequency we should be wounding for maximum effectiveness. It won't be a game changer, but if their optimized protocol improves on the Dhurat protocol by even 25% that's something I want to know.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
You misunderstand me. I'm not dismissive of Follica, I just don't see any reason to believe the initial release will be superior to the Dhurat protocol. I am still interested in the results of their studies, and what new compounds they are testing for future approval. They should be able to tell us precisely with what depth and frequency we should be wounding for maximum effectiveness. It won't be a game changer, but if their optimized protocol improves on the Dhurat protocol by even 25% that's something I want to know.

Doesn’t Dhurat provide the protocol they are using? I didn’t it years ago I believe it was once weekly with a 1.5mm needle length then afterwards using minoxidil. I guess it sounded like you implied if anyone expects it to be any different than DHURAT’s protocol they are dreaming. I personally think even small changes to a protocol can have noticeable differences. That’s why I’m so interested in their optimization data. I wouldn’t be surprised if some other molecule is introduced as part of their protocol as well.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes that's it, but Follica has since tested a number of different devices and frequencies. They are testing new drugs to go with it, but they won't be approved until years after the initial release. The reason I am doubtful that any changes in protocol will make for a game changing difference is that so many people have tried different devices and depths, along with frequencies ranging from daily to once a month, with people having great results no matter what they do as long as they wound in some fashion and use minoxidil.

What’s your definition of game changing? Maybe we view it differently, because if the initial results were yielding 25 hairs/cm, and the optimization study improves on that then from where I’m standing this treatment could be game changing for some.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your definition of game changing? Maybe we view it differently, because if the initial results were yielding 25 hairs/cm, and the optimization study improves on that then from where I’m standing this treatment could be game changing for some.
He's an idiot.

The facts are that hairloss is an industry that hasn't seen the successful market launch of a treatment/product in 2 f*****g decades.

Any treatment that provides noticeable results and makes it to market is a game-changer. Period point blank end of discussion.

There is no other industry on the planet where you can align these same facts and idiots will be like "meh it's not significant enough"

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My definition of a game-changer would be something that is giving at least 50% better results than what is currently available to us. I'm seeing people go from NW7 to thick NW3 and NW4 to NW0 from dermarolling and minoxidil, so in order for Follica to be game-changing it would almost have to be a cure.
you have to be a legit moron to think that you're going to get better results from dermarolling and minoxidil than follica

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reading comprehension sucks if that's what you think I said. Go away kid.
just because you saw 3 or 4 people who had drastic improvements (i.e. going from bald as absolute sh*t to balding but with decent density) on dermarolling and minoxidil does not mean that is the rule, it is the exception

follica is going to easily give 50% + improvement over the AVERAGE improvement the AVERAGE person can gain currently using dermarolling and minoxidil

Again, if you don't understand that, you are either

A) one of those weird dermarolling shills
B) a moron

choose one bud

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
My definition of a game-changer would be something that is giving at least 50% better results than what is currently available to us. I'm seeing people go from NW7 to thick NW3 and NW4 to NW0 from dermarolling and minoxidil, so in order for Follica to be game-changing it would almost have to be a cure.

have you attempted the Dhurat protocol? I did it for 6 months with no improvement. I’m curious how aggressive you rolled if you did?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
just because you saw 3 or 4 people who had drastic improvements (i.e. going from bald as absolute sh*t to balding but with decent density) on dermarolling and minoxidil does not mean that is the rule, it is the exception

follica is going to easily give 50% + improvement over the AVERAGE improvement the AVERAGE person can gain currently using dermarolling and minoxidil

Again, if you don't understand that, you are either

A) one of those weird dermarolling shills
B) a moron

choose one bud

I know I didn’t see any improvements from it, but again there is grey area in that study that I believe Follica will define. I personally feel like that grey area ie: how aggressive to roll can be what I consider a game changer with regards to optimizing the product.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I have. I got great results from it over about 6 months. I lost all my gains and some over the next two years though after I stopped treatment. I just started again recently. I roll with medium pressure, but I don't bleed even with the heaviest pressure. I go for about ten minutes until my scalp is very red. I tried the derminator once, but it was more painful and I think a roller is easier.

You didn’t bleed rolling aggressive with a 1.5mm roller? I had it dripping down my forehead. It looked like I had been scalped after I was finished, and almost had me in tears every time.