Folicullitis & Hair Loss, What Should I Do?

Nadv.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have folliculitis for about 4 - 5 years now, I have been to the doctor and received Roaccutane 10mg treatment along with a lotion for a year but it didn't help, I then went back to the doctor and they prescribed same lotion I received last time and another antibiotic which is less powerful than Roaccutane. Unfortunately that didn't help either, I now have been prescribed other antibiotics, but I'm just tired :(

Is there any other way I could fight this disease? It pisses me off because I have acne all over my scalp and they itch, especially when I go to the gym and begin to sweat.

Oh god :(, I hope someone can help me out? What should I do?

I also start losing hair on the top and crown of my head, for which I decided to start taking 500mg pumpkin seed oil and applying jojoba oil & peppermint essential oil to my scalp(I will try this for at least 6 months to see if I have any results). When I apply jojoba oil & peppermint essential oil on my scalp I can see a lot less acne on my scalp.

Thank you for your support :)

Nadv.

My Regimen
Reaction score
After making this thread, I was browsing around the forums and saw people saying that all natural treatments(like the ones I mentioned in the first post) are useless and won't work at all, which actually demotivated me :( Should I start using something like minoxidil? I'm completely lost, what I don't understand is that pumpkin seed oil and peppermint essential oil are backed by scientific research, why would someone say natural treatments will not work? Please give me your opinion or experience on natural hair growth treatment.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pumpkin seeds (like any other natural products) is a weak DHT-inhibitor, you have too eat supranatural amount of it on a daily basis to see some effect. There is a much effective and clinically proven way of blocking DHT—drugs finasteride and dutasteride.

WalkLikeAnEgyptian

Reaction score
Selsun Blue.

Try it.

Cured 99% of my scalp acne/folliculitis. Also, be very gentle on your scalp when you wash your hair. Vigorous washing causes irritation to your hair follicles, increasing inflammation, causing folliculitis.

Same story goes with folliculitis on the beard, it's the cause of irritation to your hair follicles from shaving.

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Selsun Blue.

Try it.

Cured 99% of my scalp acne/folliculitis. Also, be very gentle on your scalp when you wash your hair. Vigorous washing causes irritation to your hair follicles, increasing inflammation, causing folliculitis.

Same story goes with folliculitis on the beard, it's the cause of irritation to your hair follicles from shaving.

Use of Selsun Blue can lead to skin irritation, dry skin, oily or dry hair/scalp, or temporary hair loss may occur. Hair discoloration also may occur with this product. You may consult with hair restoration surgeon if you are facing any of these.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Selsun Blue, and I don't think it is a good thing... I would recommend that you check out those from eDrugStore.com for example. Maybe you will find something interesting to you there, good luck!

Last edited: