Foam Rocks :)

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I started using rogaine foam about 2 months ago. Pictures say it all. I did not expect to get results this fast. Last week I added Nizoral AD and I am thinking of adding MSM but thats all!!!

3/3/2007

3/27/2007

My Goal!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i can see it starting to work, keep it up. by 6 months things should be looking up

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score
i swear rogaine has made my hair a lot thinner but has made the hairline much better

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Rob_x_22 said:
i swear rogaine has made my hair a lot thinner but has made the hairline much better

From the limited use I've had with rogaine, I too think it's making my hair worse off. The hair in the areas where I apply it seems to be drier than the rest of the hair and not as healthy looking.

I'll definetly stick with my regimen however.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm having the same "better hairline/thinner hair" effect. my hairline is only slightly better, and i was fine with it before to be honest. i wish my hair would go back to the way it was before starting. sticking with it...

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
First month I lost hair density especially the first two weeks. In the beginning of the second month very thin hair started to fill in. Now going to the third month that thin hair is becoming thick and strong. Just stay with minoxidil. I have not been really consistent. lately I have been applying it only once a day. At this rate by the end of the 4th month I should have a good oval shape hairline I hope.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind guys: Just cause your hair has gotten worse overall doesn't necessarily mean minoxidil is making it worse. If your seeing improvement in some ways, then it's obviously doing something. The loss could just be the male pattern baldness taking it's course with time. minoxidil may be helping at least slow it down. What makes you guys believe your hair would have been better off without it?

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't think what's happening to my hair constitutes typical male pattern baldness, and it's only occurring where i'm applying the foam (i'm also using nano, nizoral, and revita and no shed anywhere else on my head) . i'm not trying to dis it, this is just what's clearly happening AT THE MOMENT. my only concern is it's been at least 4 months, i'm hoping this is just a second shed....

it's not even that my hair is thinner per se. i was experiencing some recession before treatment, but what i have now are tiny hairs throughout the temple regions, with basically a strip of normal hair where you'd imagine the "island" tuft of hair being. i'm still a norwood 1.5-2, but i had to buzz my hair down to 3/8 an inch to make it look even remotely even. you can still tell that the hair in those spots is different. it's hard to tell if it's thinner, or just shorter. is this weird? it doesn't seem to be growing at a normal pace anymore. i'm really not trying to be a paranoid scare-monger either. i'm not getting any rashes or even any of the more common minoxidil sides, so i can't tell if it's just not for me or what.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm trying to fight off the feeling that the foam has essentially traded in my old hairs for new crappy hairs. at what point do i put it on the shelf? any advice?