Foam or Liquid?

Which is better

• Total voters

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I voted for the FOAM again I'm only 2 months in and I can say it's amazing to apply rogaine and actually go outside... with it ON! I don't know how good it is yet ... as I'm just about the 2 month mark,I see less shedding or less "loose hairs" I was on the kirkland 5 % liquid for close to 4 years will evaluate at 4 months to see how good it is.. can only see it either maintaining.. or getting a bit a thicker,not expecting amazing regrowth but that wouldn't be too bad would it :) I must say I've been on alot of prescription meds and all I can say is it SHOULD make a decent GOOD improvement in everyone's hair.. even people who have been on kirkland or the generic rogaine.. not sure if the people whom been using rogaine name brand would see a BIG leap.. but the added styling is worth the price by itself I'm sure all will agree here... anyone who has taken a pill the name brand and then taken a generic.. or taking the generic.. and then vice versa... well you see a HUGE difference I don't care what HMO's say or doctors claim.. everything from anti-biotics to anti-depressants .. and easiest test is say a pain killer.. take a vicodin-es and take a generic.. Hope that is the difference between kirlandland generic 5 % and FOAM :)

Good luck!
Rich

beaner

Reaction score
Paramount-Ireland said:
What do people mean by generic and not generic?

A generic is a brand of product or drug that is released by a manufacturer after the patent on the name-brand product is expired. For example Rogaine is the name brand 5% minoxidil and the only one on the market until the patent expired. After the patent expires any company is allowed to release their version of the product. After Rogaine's patent expired we had Kirkland, Cotsco, etc. Regardless of what the poster above you believes, the generic versions are identical in their active ingredient and are also just as effective. They have to be otherwise they would never be released in the US.

beaner

Reaction score
Paramount-Ireland said:
Does the diffrence in marketing effect the price?

Once generics are cleared for release they are able to sell at a reduced cost compared to name brands. One reason being that they don't have to put their product through expensive clinical trial like the original. The name brands have hundreds of millions of dollars to recoup from these trials, thus the usually expensive price tag.

xodcbox

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes rogain alone !! FOAM ! It works! I had never even heard or used any of the pills, medications that so many people on this site use . I saw the rogain foam ad on tv. Bought it. and Bam! 7 months later I got hair on my head!!! Yes lots and lots of shedding. A month in half of shedding sacrifice.Very awfull I was scared as hell ! Thanx to rogain I gotta girlfriend she loves my hair! Im 34 yrs old.