FND's Story

FND

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've just joined this site.

Basically, I'm 21 years old/Male and i've been losing hair gradually for just over a year now.

I haven't got any bald patches. However, my hair has been thinning from the front and especially through the middle. I really think this is due to stress. At the time, i was going through and still am very stressful period. I couldn't sleep properly and it was really affecting me.

I went to see my GP today and have asked her 2 refer me privately to a dermatologist. She will assess as to why i have been losing hair. She said I have alopecia not male pattern baldness.

Now, I am considering this laser hair treatment which is supposedly effective, however, it is pricey.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me best treatment options and the cheapest places to bu the necessary medication needed for drugs like propecia, spironolactone etc etc.

All help needed.

Thanks

Fuzz

Reaction score
Hola FND,

Alopecia means loss of hair. From your description it does sound like you have male pattern baldness or Androgenic Alopecia . male pattern baldness is defined by, "...balding that usually starts at the temples and then will gradually recede to form an "M" shape on the head. The hair on the top of the head will start to thin out."

The other type of balding you mention, I believe refers to Alopecia Areata, which with anti-inflammatories usually grows back.

Let us know what the derm says.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Oh yeah,

It seems most still attack it w/ Finasteride (Propecia), Minoxidil (Rogaine), and SOD's (Folligen/Tricomin) w/ Nizoral shampoo. Look around, there is alot of stuff to sift through.

--Fuzz

FND

Reaction score
Can you recommend a website where i can get those medicines from bro?

Thanks

I am based in UK as well