Fluridil users!!

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
So I recently ordered a two month supply of fluridil from mensphara.com I am getting off of dutasteride due to side effects ( I had an excellent response from using it though, which makes it difficult for me to leave it but...limp dick sucks almost as bad)
Any way my question is this: My hair is on the long side and from what I've read fluridil can only be used on a DRY scalp. This kinda of sucks but whatever; Is fluridil greasy? How long does it take to dry? I can't be putting sh*t in my hair if its going to make it all greasy and nasty (unless its at night)
Is the application process like rogaine, a dropper? or is there a different method?
I've heard claims on these boards that fluridil works almost as well if not better than propecia? Any truth to this?
And....supposedly there aren't any side effects from using this treatment...
When do you guys usually apply fluridil? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to know what to expect from this stuff :roll:

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using fluridil for 3 month now. It comes in ampules that you need to break in order to open (after one time you'll get used to it and it'll be easy). Then you plug the plastic "hat" on the ampule. The hat has a long narrow "beek" to apply between the shafts and a wider part which is elastic in order to squueze the stuff into the beek and then to the scalp. It's really easy to use.
It won't leave your hair greasy at all. actually the grape seed oil inside gives the hair body and nice shine but not oiliness or stickiness.

Good luck

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
What about irritation for the 90% alcohol content?

Effectiveness of the treatment itself? Does it stop hair loss?

By the way thankyou for the quick response 8)

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Surprisingly, the 90% alcohol doesn't irritate the scalp. Well, my scalp anyway. The "rubbing" alcohol inside (which is different from ethanol in minoxidil) evaporates REALLY fast and the grape seed oil calms the scalp. gives it moisture and protects it from oxidative demage caused by the alcohol. I love it.

It is still very early to tell because 3 months are not enough time...it will give it another 6 months or so. I do see less shedding. But of course, I am expecting for more. Will keep you in touch.

Good luck,

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been on fluril for a week and it easy as anything to apply, i dont even use one of those little glass tubes they give u, my head is shaved now so i use less
the instructions say to apply before bed, however being that i am on minoxidil i apply mid day
morning, minoxidil, wheni can a break just jump in front of a mirror, and fluridil, before bed minoxidil
im also on propecia and nizoral
hopefully in 6 months the fluridil and minoxidil will be in full effect