Flax - How to take

bigd

Reaction score
I bought a big *** bag of flax lingans off the internet, Like 5lbs, looks like freaking cereal.

Does anyone have a good way for me to take it? Milk, straigh up, put in my peanut butter?

Thanks.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
bigd said:
cool thanks, I tried eating them straight up, but it didn't go very well.

when I was on my wheat germ kick - I used to sprinkle it on top of salads and in sandwiches.

never had flax though - so I'm not sure if that would be appropriate.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
They say that crushed is best. I have flax oil, but want to get seeds. Where did you get it?

dazzer1970

Reaction score
The best way is to use a coffee grinder to grind the flax seeds adn then sprinkle on your food. Use about 1/4 cup daily, which should yield about 180mg of something called SDG which is contained within the hull of the seed. It is that which has the benefit for male pattern baldness, not the oil itself. Although some flax oil capsules have SDG content not all of them do.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good find. I may order from their next time since they are cheaper than my current brand.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
sublime said:
Good find. I may order from their next time since they are cheaper than my current brand.

I'd heard from some others that the above is good stuff - so next paycheck, I'm in :)