FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 6)

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 4)

ok here is another photo update.
Its weird because my hair is shedding alot as of lately, and my hairline looks to be receding more, but when I style my hair ive been getting alot better coverage.
Anyways here are some pictures: some are with hair wet and combed back, dried, and styled.

Attachments

• P1030170.jpg
    P1030170.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 207
  • P1030175.JPG
    P1030175.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030176.JPG
    P1030176.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 210
  • P1030177.JPG
    P1030177.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 221
  • P1030160.JPG
    P1030160.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030165.JPG
    P1030165.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030156.JPG
    P1030156.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 195

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 4)

and am i still a nw2, or does it look like im venturing into nw3 territory?

bearbear

Reaction score
Re: FlamingPie's Story (UPDATE PAGE 5)

hmm, looks very similar to your original pictures, maybe a little worse? hard to tell. I'm just starting a minoxidil/nizoral regimen so your progress is pretty interesting to me. I couldn't take finasteride bc i got sides, but would like to add something else as well. Maybe RU, ASC, CB... not sure yet, but gotta try something.

anyways, keep it up! good luck!

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

Updates? Anything new to report?

I have been on rogaine and nizoral 1% since october 19th... great success and little shedding until about beginning of march then all hell broke lose and been shedding since... still shedding... hoping it will come back thicker. I need a dht blocker!

and just a thought... have you tried miconazole nitrate?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah just a small update to my regime. Over 3 weeks ago i decided to drop the spironolactone cream. I dropped it for two reasons: 1) im still fighting side effects I had from saw palmetto and I figured using an anti androgen probably isnt the best thing to do right now, and 2) I didnt think it was doing anything for my hair.

Well I guess i was wrong about that last part, because only a few days after I dropped that I began shedding like crazy. I would shower and hundreds of hairs would fall into my palm, and then when I would comb my hair my sink would fill with stray hairs. Its been 3 weeks and thankfully the shed is starting to stop, and surprisingly my hair doesnt look any thinner.

So for now Im continuing with rogaine and nizoral. I now use the 2% twice a week and the 1% once a week. Also added 5mg of biotin although I doubt that will do anything.

Good to hear about your initial success, hopefully your shedding stops too. By the way whats miconazole nitrate?

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

good to hear the shed didnt do harm. I forgot to say I added bioton 5000mcg once a day about 2-3 weeks ago. Maybe it wasnt from the spironolactone... maybe you had another rogaine shed? Just thinking that usually sheds from stopping treatments dont start for a few weeks.

Either way good luck! I may throw in the 2% once a week. I doubt it will hurt. plus im taking fish oil twice a day and a multivitamin. Looks like we are pretty much on same regimen.

Also if you are still getting sides from saw palmetto maybe try a little extra zinc for a couple months and stay off the spironolactone and hopefully everything will go back to normal.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah I tried zinc before, helped a little but certainly no cure.

Yeah I'd say throw in the 2% once a week, cant hurt. Im also taking fish oil and a multivitamin. Your profile says you use spironolactone cream...are you still using that too?

I'm thinking of adding tricomin soon, have any experience with it?

Also is your username any reference to the band?

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score

zinc helped me. how long did you take it? I stopped using spironolactone cream after about 5 months or so i think... it didn't make a difference. made my hair oily and very time consuming.

i do not have experience with tricomin. i was thinking about revivogen line? although im not sure how i would include the topical part after rogaine foam.

What about miconazole nitrate? I mean I have read a few success stories. not sure how to apply it with foam though. before or after?

yes, my username does have to do with the band. lol

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

So ive made a lot a changes to my regime, well not changes, I just dropped alot of stuff lol. In the past 2 months I have dropped spironolactone cream, dropped skin needling and dropped nizoral.
Even though im noticing my hair shed more and my hairline is looking a little more receded. I should be mad at this, but really I feel great. Now I dont have this massive hassle of applying this junk everyday, im not worrying about my hairloss every minute, and Im saving a little extra cash because of it.

Right now my regime is Rogaine Foam 2x a day, biotin 5mg a day, and just recently I started Tree Tea Shampoo twice a week.

I might possibly add folligen spray in the next few months, we'll see. I'll add some new pictures soon.

kabooski

Reaction score

What kind of bad sides did you get from Saw Palmetto?
320mg STD?

I've taken 120 of those so far. Zip Nothing. A bit hornier if anything. I really don't understand how anyone can get sides from such a weak product.

But yea, if your ultra sensitive to palmetto, then finasteride would probably mess you up bad.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

I had all the terrible side effects that people have been reporting from finasteride.
I wasnt just taking saw palmetto, though. I was taking it through procerin, which has like 1000mg of saw palmetto.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score

ok so here are a few new photos. Comparing these to my last photos, in these i have been off of nizoral and spironolactone for about 2 months.
Despite my constant shedding and pessimism, it looks like there really hasnt been too much of a change. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• P1030211.JPG
    P1030211.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 227
  • P1030204.JPG
    P1030204.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 218
  • P1030201.JPG
    P1030201.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 220
  • P1030199.JPG
    P1030199.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 199
  • P1030198.JPG
    P1030198.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 191
  • P1030197.JPG
    P1030197.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 182

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
so its been a pretty long time since I last updated. Unfortunately things have not been going so good. Several months ago I decided to take a little break and stop stressing over my hairloss. That was back around april/may. I dropped nizoral, dropped spironolactone cream and stopped skin needling. It was great not having this big burden of making sure I made all my proper applications, but its definitely had a negative effect on my hair. Now I gotta do something quick because Ive been shedding and receding at an alarming rate. I just received my first bottle of Folligen Spray, and Im gonna start spraying every other day. Ive also recently started using Tricomin Shampoo twice a week, although I doubt that'll make much of a difference. Maybe Ill add nizoral again now that its back on the shelves. Check out my new pics to see what im talking about.

Attachments

• P1030311.JPG
    P1030311.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 215
  • P1030312.JPG
    P1030312.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 212
  • P1030314.JPG
    P1030314.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 210
  • P1030315.JPG
    P1030315.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 214
  • P1030316.JPG
    P1030316.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 208
  • P1030320.JPG
    P1030320.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 161
  • P1030321.JPG
    P1030321.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 206

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yeah when i read it i thought why did he drop the nizoral? The spironolactone especially if he shed after stopping it? nizoral is proven to help most on this board. It was 1 of the only things I had at 1 time that would work.

I know you dont want the worry and hassal of doing this all the time, but conquering hair loss is work. Especially if you don't have a regimen down.

I'd say jump on the nizoral 2% HARD for a few months. 3x a week.
If spironolactone helped keep your hair as you said, go back to it.
I'd then add some Rogaine.

Then if you can, add something internal. (I do a low dose of spironolactone, saw palmetto then just added a Curcumin & Resveratrol regime. With the first 2 I can see a reduction although not stopped cold turkey. Yes you need internals. Now. But until you find what works and the right dosage, I'd say go hard on the other end (topicals or anything else you knew to work so to not lose so much hair until then)

Because you are headed fast if not already there, to a NW3. And its MUCH easier to prevent (as hard as that is) than to reclaim.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk, was there a comment before yours that is no longer there? it seems like you are referring to one.

I dropped spironolactone because I had been suffering, and still am, from side effects from saw palmetto. I dropped spironolactone because i figured it might get in the way of my recovery. So I wont be taking any spironolactone, and I definitely wont be taking any saw palmetto or propecia.

I dropped nizoral because if had disappeared from the market for like 7 months. Apparently its coming back, if not already, so ill probably be adding that again soon.

And I already take rogaine. I have been for over 2 years.