flaking with minoxidil!

tzed2

Reaction score
hey all, i've been using minoxdil for 4 monthsn now, all of a sudden i've noticed lots of skin flaking off, and visible skin flaking on my scalp. how can i prevent this? shampoo?

Getting there

Reaction score
Its normal, most users get this. Control it with anti-dandruff / anti-fungal shampoo. Nizoral is often recommended, but you can also try Head and Shoulders.

fabrizio72

Reaction score
I have still this problem. In forehead specialy, where hair start. But not very much in the scalp. I use nizoral too, and I happy to know that maybe will help.

fabrizio72

Reaction score
I have still this problem. In forehead specialy, where hair start. But not very much in the scalp. I use nizoral too, and I happy to know that maybe will help.

tzed2

Reaction score
i have been using nizoral shampoo, although i dont think i ever had fungus to begin with. do you think head and shoulder moisturiser would work?

Getting there

Reaction score
Play around with it. Try different products. Sometimes your scalp can get use to one type of shampoo. I still get it off and on. And I expect to continue managing it with different shampoos for as long as I'm using minoxidil.

Some else can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe everyone one has fungus on their scalp.