First time poster, may be first time this question is asked, partial piece???

njtimer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been reading through for some time and following along. I've finally decided to register and become active in the community.

A little background on me, I've had 2 hair transplants up to this point and still feel left thin behind my hair line. I have progressive hairloss, but have things slowed down a bit with Propecia and then there's the use of Toppik which is like make-up for your hair that thickens it up drastically.

I hide behind this product unfortunately and am consumed by applying it carefully after I shower, touching it up and maintaining the look I want on a daily basis. Albeit for a subpar look that probably is quite un-natural looking and tough to style/gel up.

With that said, the top half of my head and back looks good and doesn't need any work at this time. I can get away with a tiny bit of toppik to thicken this are up and to also hide a small bald spot at my crown in the back.

My question:

1.) Would I be able to get a custom piece made that is say, 1/4 behind my hairline to that top middle portion of my head right up to where my hair is thicker and doesn't need any work?

2.) How realistic is it to pull this off? I think it would work well being that I still have pretty strong native hair and a pretty good hairline established. This way the piece wouldn't have to be right up front in plain sight and could be hidden behind that 1/4in worth of hair that I had transplanted.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Question 1 : Yes. There are custom pre- cut hair pieces and there are ones you can cut yourself. I am sorry atm I do not have a product I could recommend.

Question 2: The measure of your success can be measured commensurately by how realistic your expectations are. I think it would work well also and I think you would feel a little more empowered knowing you gave it a shot. All the best.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1) Yes that is possible to get something bespoke made.

2) should work fine, but you need to do your research to give the best (most natural) results

njtimer

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies I.d walker and grincher.

I apologize if my question sounded as if I hadn't searched at all. I noticed many do front partial pieces, but not in the way I mentioned. Is there a link anyone has come across with results such that I'm looking for?

I have an established hairline, but thinning behind. I would shave about a 1/4in behind my hairline and several inches back to where my hair is thicker and stop there. Glue seems to be the best option for ultimate hold, but seems like it could get messy??? being that I will be applying just behind the hairline up to existing hair at the middle portion on the top of my head being that I don't need a full cap yet.

I'm posting a pic when I get to my other computer for better reference. Mind you the pic I'll take will have dermmatch applied so don't be fooled by the fullness. I'd like to use a piece starting at just behind my hairline up to where you'll see my hand.

Being that I workout and sweat a lot, I would definitely think Swiss lace is my best option for ventilation. However, would it be wise to go with a stock piece and continuously cut it down till I have it just right or go with custom? I think it wouldn't be too hard to make a template as I'm only marking out a small portion?

I have read plenty of good things about northwestlace, nice too because inside the states to help with shipping costs and time.

- - - Updated - - -

here is a picture I took earlier with dermmatch applied. The fullness looks good but, there's so much more than meets the eye :/

I was thinking of having a piece made from my hand forward to about a 1/4 or less behind my hairline. See previous post.

I'll get another picture up asap without dermmatch applied.

Attachments

• IMAG3018_1.jpg
    IMAG3018_1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 246