first post. Decided to shave it off! pic included

broadcaster

Reaction score
Hey guys!

First post,

NWiii here, 24 years old. My dad is almost completely bald as are MANY men in my family so I'm sure I'm screwed but you know what, that's fine.

I realized something...The only thing worse than spending everyday depressed about hairloss is looking BACK on the last ten years of your youth realizing you WASTED them worrying too much about your appearance!

Wasted opportunities, wasted outtings, wasted nights, wasted days, and why? Because you believe you're worthless without hair.

I'm not going to sit here and say "There's more to life than hair get over it" because I know how painful it is, BUT, we have no real choice but to accept it and move on.

What if Steve Jobs let his hairloss stifle his confidence and shortchange his career goals!? I wouldn't be typing this on my Macbook Pro!
What if Albert Einstein stayed in bed depressed and never took his ideas to the chalkboard
What if Socrates let his male pattern baldness ruin his mind and consume his thoughts?
What if Bruce Willis never started acting! What would I do without the Die Hard movies my God:)
The list goes on and on.

male pattern baldness has been around for a millennia. It hasn't prevented some of the brightest minds in HISTORY from fullfilling their full potential. Keep that in mind gentlemen. There's more to your potential than your ability to F*ck your way through the female population. There's more to life!

I think one's ability to overcome hardship and stay positive in the face of adversity TRULY separates the men from the boys.

Anyways, my temples are reallyyyy bad much worse than in this picture, but hey, you know what, I don't care anymore! Just keep it short and go on with my life. I have a great career in the film industry and many blessings.

I would urge all of you who suffer from male pattern baldness at a young age to count your other blessings. You very well may have something that others envy.

Im not saying that the envy of others should be the only thing making you feel better, but at least it puts things into PERSPECTIVE!

My friend with model looks and NW1 the other day said he would give anything to have a career like mine an travel like I do. He was so depressed than he wasted his youth constantly partying and making nothing of himself. Now he's 31 and works at Starbucks with no aspirations. I just got back from a shoot in the Bahamas! Isn't it funny how relative the human experience can be? I don't think I won the lottery in the looks department, but perhaps there's a reason for that. There's so much MORE to life than appearance! (not to say you shouldnt try to look your best within your means of course).

Cheer up guys! Photo on 2013-07-07 at 14.59 #2.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-07-07 at 14.59.jpg
    Photo on 2013-07-07 at 14.59.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 251

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're going to completely shave it? Or buzz it? You're a good looking bloke, and the short hair/beard combo suits you. Nice first post btw :)

broadcaster

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't clarify, it was long before, and I shaved it to where it is now. the back is going too. But ya know what? Things could be worse. I'm done being depressed about it!

- - - Updated - - -

I have stayed away from finasteride, as my brother took it for some time and according to him, developed bad sexual side effects. I assumed I would be susceptible to the same side effects.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah right, comment still stands. The look really suits you :) your post makes a nice change from the influx of trolls on here recently.

broadcaster

Reaction score
Appreciate it man,

Believe me, I spent my fair share of time being depressed but where does that get you? No where.

You must find it in yourself to develop confidence or you will sink. Life is sink or swim!

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
my hair has come to the point where buzzing it with a 0 guard, you can see the balding outline in the back of my head. I would've been happy with a 0 guard, but that damn balding in the back of my head is gonna force my to bik it and be completely bald with not even stuble to get rid of that balding outline in the back of my head. Fukk shiit I hate this life.

S

Skullator

You look good, not seeing nw3 in that particular picture. Unless im nw30...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair has come to the point where buzzing it with a 0 guard, you can see the balding outline in the back of my head. I would've been happy with a 0 guard, but that damn balding in the back of my head is gonna force my to bik it and be completely bald with not even stuble to get rid of that balding outline in the back of my head. Fukk shiit I hate this life.

I got the same problem but I sure as hell am not bic'ing it, probably not ever. I hate the clean slick look.

OP looks good.

broadcaster

Reaction score
I assure you it's a NW3, I also have vertex balding! Definitely doesnt look the best but hey, we literally have no choice but to absorb the pain and transform it into empathy for others and self discipline. That's my goal.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really needed it

broadcaster

Reaction score
Thanks man, but like I said, the back is going quickly. I can see the outline now a bit. Ill probably have a massive bald spot within 3 years (at the most) hahah. But hey, I guess it could be worse...I could lose the front. I think losing the whole front is the worst as it makes the forehead gigantic like you said.

- - - Updated - - -

glad to hear im not ugly haha :/ i feel like it sometime with this condition.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
You're going to completely shave it? Or buzz it? You're a good looking bloke, and the short hair/beard combo suits you. Nice first post btw :)

Keep it shaved. You pull it off nicely. You sir are $

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man, but like I said, the back is going quickly. I can see the outline now a bit. Ill probably have a massive bald spot within 3 years (at the most) hahah. But hey, I guess it could be worse...I could lose the front. I think losing the whole front is the worst as it makes the forehead gigantic like you said.

- - - Updated - - -

glad to hear im not ugly haha :/ i feel like it sometime with this condition.

Like you, my hair line receeds so, i do like bradley cooper layered business man style with layers. Mine started thinning after accutane. Years of bad skin, finally clear, and now hairloss? I took it hard but, i lost family due to drunk drivers. Acceptance is the hardest.

This place needs a good soul. You got character. I like my buzz or line up though i feel black males pull it off the best. Fortunately, you got the look for it, and pull off facial hair quite nicely. I'd grow a soul patch and goatee when the time comes but for Norwood, layers it is.

broadcaster

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost family due to drunk driving man. That really puts things into perspective, My God

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost family due to drunk driving man. That really puts things into perspective, My God

You can google my user name. I used several forums. It was a dark time but, i learned that the light is always near by. Good for you not letting hair control your life.