Finpecia/Fincar effectiveness?

highheat

Reaction score
Just started 1mg finasteride (Propecia). Obviously this is going to get a little expensive at some point-- I've heard good results from Proscar and Propecia from some guys on this board, but unfortunately my derm sells Propecia out of his office, so he's not on board with giving me Proscar scripts.

Are there any success stories to people using Finpecia or Fincar? I do a search for them, but I only get people who are just starting on them, and they never come back to post their results.

G

Yes there's a lot of people here having used these for a while. I'm using Dr. Reddy's Finax myself for the last 6 weeks so I can't give you as a good as a report as you'd like.

Your doctor sells propecia out of his office? That doesn't make sense, the doctor writes a prescription and you go to the pharmacy who dispenses the pill. I guess he gets paid to promote it in his office you mean? If you don't have an HMO you should consider another doctor unless he's great in every other aspect, or maybe go see a dermatologist for this issue specifically. Otherwise I'd go for the generic as well.

highheat

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
Yes there's a lot of people here having used these for a while. I'm using Dr. Reddy's Finax myself for the last 6 weeks so I can't give you as a good as a report as you'd like.

Your doctor sells propecia out of his office? That doesn't make sense, the doctor writes a prescription and you go to the pharmacy who dispenses the pill. I guess he gets paid to promote it in his office you mean? If you don't have an HMO you should consider another doctor unless he's great in every other aspect, or maybe go see a dermatologist for this issue specifically. Otherwise I'd go for the generic as well.

He works in kind of a mini-mall of physicians-- I'm not sure if there is a separate pharmacy in the buildings, but he said all I would have to do is stop by his office and I could pick up the prescription. Maybe not directly out of his office, but the same building. And I presume he is getting paid to promote Propecia as well. He is my reg derm, and he's very good. I have considered asking my general physician to write me a script for Proscar, but he wouldn't write me one for Propecia in the fall, so that's not terribly likely.

The other question I guess is are most websites that sell Proscar legit? I would probably cut the pills into 6ths or 8ths or something like that (.625 mg)-- so just going for Proscar wouldn't be expensive IF I knew the stuff I was getting was legit.

G

Well, here's the points that convinced me that the indian generics are likely legit:

- No reported case on here of fake generic finasteride
- Low incentive (counterfeiters can get much higher margins on Merck finasteride)
- Reputable online pharmacies
- Some people got sides from the generic finasteride
- Decriminalized enforcement policy from customs

Do the research and make your own decision, you can always quarter propecia and/or take it every other day (EOD) as well to save money.