Finpecia a Steroid?

strikernr

Reaction score
Hi guys, just an honest answer would be great. Is finpecia a Steroid? I am into my 2 month of this drug and someone in family is pressuring me to not take this drug anylonger because its a steroid. Obviously, i am taking this without prescription (it costs me cheaper that way), so i am just going byt the word of mouth that this drug is suppose to be effective when it comes to hair loss. I didn't see any major side affects from this drug, thou initially i had low sex drive, that's about it and its gone now. What about long term affects? Their claim is that since this drug is a steroid, you will become addictive to it and may end up cause harm to your health in long term. I seriously don't plan to take this drug for more than few years.

Britannia

Reaction score
No it is NOT a Steriod.
I know a few people who assume its a Steriod because of the "steride" part in the name "finasteride".

slingithajime

Reaction score
Winter Olympics

Did you guys hear about that American Bobsledder. He got booted from the olympics cuz his 'roid test came back positive. The test picked up his finasteride and now the guy is trying to clear his name. The media is going nuts with the story becuz he has to explain that hes going bald, not using steroids. What a shitty situation.

Anderz

Reaction score
Yes it IS a steroid.

Not an "anabolic steroid" though.

In swedish it's called an "4-azasteroid" - don't know how to translate that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh...you beat me to it, Anderz! Yes, finasteride and dutasteride are both known as "azasteroids", which refers to a certain very specific chemical variation of the steroid structure. Don't worry about the technical details. They don't have anything to do with anabolic steroids.

Bryan