Fincar Rationing

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Geez, you're like a dog with a bone...

tynanW said:
AKA said:
If 1mg is a good compromise dose, why take 1.25mg a day?

firsty the convenience of dividing a Proscar pill into quarters instead of fifths, secondly the fact that 1.25mg will yield slightly better inhibition of DHT.

Firsty I agree that it's far easier to divide a pill into quarters than fifths.

Secondy !.25mg will also incur a higher risk of undesirable side effects, so why not take advantage of the millions of dollars worth of Merck research, take their advice, and take an average of 1mg a day by skipping the fifth day!!

Thirdy I'm not that bothered either way, in fact I've stopped skipping the fifth day because I've gone all twitchy and anxious about getting quick results again...
:hairy:

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for warning me about Drinkrum by the way.

He seemed such a nice reliable fella as well!

G

AKA said:
Geez, you're like a dog with a bone...

well then let go of the bone

AKA said:
Firsty I agree that it's far easier to divide a pill into quarters than fifths.

Secondy !.25mg will also incur a higher risk of undesirable side effects, so why not take advantage of the millions of dollars worth of Merck research, take their advice, and take an average of 1mg a day by skipping the fifth day!!

Because I can comfortably afford Proscar, and I have never had any side effects (after 14 months) and would be letting a little more DHT through.

AKA said:
Thirdy I'm not that bothered either way, in fact I've stopped skipping the fifth day because I've gone all twitchy and anxious about getting quick results again...
:hairy:

I am sure your method is fine and will yield similar results.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
firsty, quit crapping my thread, and ignoring my posts.

secondy, people take 5mg of proscar, if they you know.. actually need it? They report very few sides, so .25 gram extra is "playing with fire" so to speak? Bah.. nice try.

thirdy, tynan was barred from the Richard Simmons fan club, pass it on!

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
firsty, quit crapping my thread, and ignoring my posts.

secondy, people take 5mg of proscar, if they you know.. actually need it? They report very few sides, so .25 gram extra is "playing with fire" so to speak? Bah.. nice try.

thirdy, tynan was barred from the Richard Simmons fan club, pass it on!

Firsty, sorry if I ignored your post, it won't happen again.

Secondy, you weren't so c***-sure of your dosages when you started this thread, were you..?

Thirdy, who the hell is Richard Simmons?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Trust me, coming from the horses mouth, for *some* guys that extra quarter mg can and does do a lot to increase side effects. It all depends on how much DHT you're relying on in your DHT-bearing tissues. If you're primarily a "T" man (i like to call them the lower sex drive guys) then you wont notice much even at 5mg. If you're a DHT man (i like to call us the real, manly sex drive big stud guys since DHT is a far more potent sexual hormone) ... then you'll notice even 1mg. Definitely 1.25mg

:lol: :D

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
AKA said:
Firsty, sorry if I ignored your post, it won't happen again.

Secondy, you weren't so c***-sure of your dosages when you started this thread, were you..?

Thirdy, who the hell is Richard Simmons?

firsty, I'm glad as I need the attention. :(

secondy, I'm not c***-sure (omg brit slang?) about it now. I asked which was a better way of taking my 1.25 dosage. I did not ask if it was safer to take 1.0 v/s 1.25mg. However, I did figure it would come up once or twice if the thread went "big".

thirdy, yeah you have to be brittish, or some kind of American breed of hobbit that lives under the earth's crust, yet underneath more pumice rocks.. in the dark.

HairLossTalk.com said:
Trust me, coming from the horses mouth, for *some* guys that extra quarter mg can and does do a lot to increase side effects. It all depends on how much DHT you're relying on in your DHT-bearing tissues. If you're primarily a "T" man (i like to call them the lower sex drive guys) then you wont notice much even at 5mg. If you're a DHT man (i like to call us the real, manly sex drive big stud guys since DHT is a far more potent sexual hormone) ... then you'll notice even 1mg. Definitely 1.25mg

I've always been highly sexually active, but the more I get past 18, even I'm feeling the strain. Recently, finasteride makes me feel like I'm back. I realise it's temporary, but damn.. it feels great. Before I went off of finasteride, I was hacking my pills, (different dosages and guesstimation) taking them at different times, forgeting.. it gave me some bad sides. (read: chest pains, nutache, total sex drive loss, etc.) BUT, now with 1.25 and a strict schedule, so far it's going good.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
thirdy, yeah you have to be brittish, or some kind of American breed of hobbit that lives under the earth's crust, yet underneath more pumice rocks.. in the dark.

Under the earth's crust is probably the safest place to be for an American right now, with the sh*t coming your way now you've invited George W to spend 4 more years in the White House.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't invite the bastard, the sheeple of this country did. Tony Blair has some extra fun for you brits as well I'd bet. We always need more troops, you know!

Kerry 08'

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ty where's my avatar?

drinkrum

Reaction score
tynanW said:
Drinkrum is a know liar and has been banned from pretty much every hair loss forum and most 'Dungeon and Dragons' clubs in the US, he is not to be trusted.

:lol: Don't forget the Magic the Gathering festivals too! I think I made one of those dorks swallow his 30-sided die.

D.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
If you're primarily a "T" man (i like to call them the lower sex drive guys) then you wont notice much even at 5mg. If you're a DHT man (i like to call us the real, manly sex drive big stud guys since DHT is a far more potent sexual hormone) ... then you'll notice even 1mg. Definitely 1.25mg

This sounds interesting. My libido didn't suffer at all while on finasteride, but after i switched to Dutasteride I have ejaculation-problems and loss of sex-drive.

Is this a sign that I will get better hair results on Dutas than on finasteride?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Technically that's comparing apples and oranges.

It isn't the same to say double propecia = Dutasteride.

Dutasteride doesn't = 2mg propecia.

Its a dual inhibitor so its doing something completely different inside you. Or .. more appropriately ... its doing what Propecia does and then something else completely different.

If your main question is whether side effects = effectiveness... then no. I can't make that statement. Just having some fun with some out of the box thinking above. Playing with some logic rules and whatnot.

HairLossTalk.com

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
On the .08-1.25 range of fincar for the last 5.5 months, my libido first went up for a week, settled for three, plunged for four, returned to normal for four, plunged again for for five more. Only recently have I noticed that I seem to be back to normal again. Hopefully I'm done yo-yoing.

Based on this, it is inconclusive whether I fall into your "T" or "DHT-man" categories.

Pretty horny, though. :oops:

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just about to make a thread about this Jaygee. Ive been on about 3 weeks (23 days) now and it peaked for the first two, then last wed. it started dropping almost to nothing.. today it might be peaking again.. this is annoying. My changes are happening fast.. it's odd. Im not really peaked right now, but I'm not really dead.. so I'm uuum I don't really know.. I'm settled? :oops: I guess my finasteride is the real deal..

do you guys find that when you peak, you think and want sex 24/7, but when you drop, you tend to not even think about it much?