Fincar... General questions...

bluebeast

Reaction score
Today I have received my order of Fincar (5mg tablets) from Inhouse Pharmacy...

They are very tiny pills and are blueish/gray color...

1) Are these pills supposed to be this small in size? and of this color?

Using an Exacto knife.. the pills actually cut pretty easy... these are 5mg pills...

2) If i cut them into 1/8ths... is that .625 mg each? I ask because the pieces would be so incredibly tiny, it's hard to believe they would contain enough finisteride to do anything... but i'm no expert on pill potency :p

3) I cant seem to find the side effects usually associated with finisteride... what are some of the most common problems to look for?

Thanks for any/all help :)

- Jason

cmoneyt8ker

Reaction score
Jason..I am on fincar also and I cut them into 4ths. My sides lasted for about a month then I was back to normal. Its impossible to cut them into anything smaller than 5ths because they just break.

beaner

Reaction score
You may want to do some research before you start popping pills that you obviously know nothing about. There is a whole section on side effects on this forum....read up.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im on it at month 2 and no sides.
5 year reasearch showed 1.8% had sides on propecia 1mb
and 1.2% on placebo alsow had sides (they thought)
So i wasnt realy that worried when started. but it doesnt hurt to read up about it.
but people take alot of difrent medications easier that has worse sides then finasterid. i wonder wy people are so afraid off finasterid..

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jojje said:
im on it at month 2 and no sides.
5 year reasearch showed 1.8% had sides on propecia 1mb
and 1.2% on placebo alsow had sides (they thought)
So i wasnt realy that worried when started. but it doesnt hurt to read up about it.
but people take alot of difrent medications easier that has worse sides then finasterid. i wonder wy people are so afraid off finasterid..

Because people are reporting more serious sides and even permanent sides which could well be due to using finasteride long term

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well yes, but i think some of these people are a bit paranoid, and some things can be caused by other thing then finasterid alsow. 8)

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jojje said:
well yes, but i think some of these people are a bit paranoid, and some things can be caused by other thing then finasterid alsow. 8)

Ive no doubt that alot are just very paranoid, but also I dont believe all of them are..

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yup thats true, i can really only speak for my self :D
No sides from the finasteride yet, got a head aike 2 weeks ago .. think it was a bit to much minoxidil.. just for 1 day :shock: