Finasteride twice daily? How long does it stay in the system

majorthinning

Reaction score
Since some drugs like Tylenol only works for 8 hours, I was wondering if taking finasteride twice a day would be more effective. The cost doesn't have to be more, but could combating dht all day and night be better versus only for a certain amount of hours? By taking .05-1.25 mg in the morning and .05-1.25 mg in the evening finasteride gets to stay in the system for a longer period of time. Is there any studies on this? What y'all think?

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I read a persons story but forget where it was from, but he ended up taking half a pill of propecia in the morning and half later on in the day because he said the whole pill in the morning was not cutting it. After he switched to twice a day he said he started seeing great results. I wish I could still find that story.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
He was using propecia and he was doing .5 in the morning and .5 later on in the day.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, HairLossTalk.com, Gardner, Ty....anyone... have anything to add to this. Taking .5 in the am and .5 in the pm.

Sounds interesting.

Tony

nobold

Reaction score
Finasterid 1 mg decrease DHT level more less like that after taking one dosage:

1 day 60%
2 day 55%
3 day 50%
4 day 45%

so there is absolutly no need to take it twice a day

majorthinning

Reaction score
nobold said:
Finasterid 1 mg decrease DHT level more less like that after taking one dosage:

1 day 60%
2 day 55%
3 day 50%
4 day 45%

so there is absolutly no need to take it twice a day

Where did you find that information?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the half-life of finasteride is only part of the equation. The other part is the length of time that it takes for the enzyme that finasteride destroys to regenerate. Fortunately, it regenerates quite slowly; that explains why it takes up to a week or two for DHT levels in the body to get back to normal, even after finasteride is completely gone from the body.

I wouldn't worry about taking it more than once a day...

Bryan