finasteride Question

jimpage174

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've only posted once before, but I've looked through threads on this forum for over a year. It's been a lot of help.

I'm 25 now. I've been losing my hair since about 22, 23. I'm diffuse thinning all over.

I've been using kirkland 5% twice a day for 14 months. I've been using finesteride (splitting proscar from inhouse pharmacy) for nine months. In the last few weeks, I've started washing my hair with Nizoral.

From what I can tell, I haven't responded to any of these medications (except for a sore breast which subsided after a week or so of finasteride). I've gone through sheds, but haven't experienced regrowth. I'm certainly below baseline.

So here's my question: How long should I continue these treatments before trying something new?

I've thought about trying inhouse pharmacy's generic avodart, the Dr Reddy's version. Is it too soon to make a switch? Also, if finasteride isn't working for me, is it likely dutasteride won't respond either? And finally, is inhouse pharmacy legit? I'm pretty sure it is, and most of what I've read on this site seems to support that, but it can't hurt to have other opinions.

Also (and maybe more importantly), has anyone seen improvement in their hair after the first year of finesteride? After all this time, is there still a chance the finasteride will kick in and do good things for me?

Thanks,
Jimmy

jimpage174

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Falceros said:
Jim,

When you say you are diffuse thinning all over, are you referring to the top and the sides and back of your head?

Falc

Falc,

Sorry, I should be more specific. The diffuse thinning isn't really all over, just front, top, and sideburns (really only the right sideburn for some reason). The back is fine. You can't tell right now, but I can see myself working toward a norwood 5 or so. Currently, I'm about a norwood 1.5, so I would like to do something now.

Sorry no picks. I'm not too computer savoy, or I would.

I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with normal ol' male pattern baldness since there's hairloss sprinkled on both sides of my family.

Thanks for the message,
Jimmy