finasteride intercepted by US Government...need help!

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used to post here fairly often and mostly came to get a solid regimen and some detailed information and then be on with my life. Well, I'm back again with a new problem.

I went to order my next shipment of finasteride from the place I normally get it from (online) and waited and waited and waited. It never came. About 3.5 weeks after the order I got a letter from the US Government telling me that purchasing this drug was illegal and that it was intercepted and set to be destroyed. No jail time or any court dates or anything like that...they just sent me a letter telling me they intercepted it and will destroy it. Has this happened to anyone?

I need my finasteride, luckily I ordered much earlier than I needed and still have time to purchase it without putting a huge gap in my daily regimen!

If you guys know where to order it from to avoid this, some help would be nice. BTW...I had no idea it was illegal and the website never said it was...it said a prescription was not needed.

Thanks in advance!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
contact your online source. they should send it again for free.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
You should call the number on the letter and threaten to destroy something of theirs.

I think you'll find them pretty accomodating after that.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a prescription for dutastride which i got from vancouver off a well known hairloss dr
and its still ilegal to import it into new zealand and its not avalable here yet
the only way i can get it legaly is to get a Dr to import it for me
which will cost a fortune
lucky my second lot has just arived after two months
what i am trying to say is the NZ goverment is a really nazi when it comes to importing drugs for your self

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
contact your online source. they should send it again for free.

They gave me a full refund. I asked to not have it sent again for fear that I would be possibly criminally charged, as I am not familiar with the actual seriousness of this crime and what it merits.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Freestyle said:
You should call the number on the letter and threaten to destroy something of theirs.

Hmm...put a threat into the U.S. Department of Homeland Security: U.S. Customs and Border Protection? Sorry, I'm not a terrorist. Just a balding guy who needs some pills.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
My advice, for what's worth, is to get a prescription from your doctor, and let the government know that they are preventing you from getting a prescribed drug cheaper than in the USA. You do need to get a prescription!

THEN email all your Federal and State representatives, senators, etc., and let them know your objections to this ridiculous seizing of prescription drugs (i.e., if that's how you feel).

You can't really blame the government because they are enforcing an existing law. That's their job. Congress enacted this law and they are to blame, not the government IMHO. So be nice when you talk to the government officials. They might be just as unhappy with this law as you are. :wink:

This is a VERY hot topic with politicians. MANY senior citizens are fed up with the way the government is enforcing the shipment of prescription drugs.

I told my representatives that I simply will not vote for them unless they get involved with this issue in a favorable way.

The squeaky wheel will eventually get the grease IMHO.

I feel as strongly about this issue as I did when Pres. Clinton was attempting to abolish my 2nd amendment rights. Millions who felt like me won on the 2nd amendment issue and the anti-gunners have been in the minority ever since. We even got "control" over the Supreme Court for Godsakes. The same can happen with this issue also.

I'm all for protecting research and development but this seizing of prescription drugs scheme has gone on long enough.

I'm a right winger but big business can't have it both ways. You know, "global economy" when it benefits them but "restricted economy" when it allows them to charge WAY TOO MUCH for rx drugs. In my opinion it's dishonest and reprehensible.

I firmly believe that this issue could cause the Republicans to lose control of Congress and the Presidency. Just like the 2nd amendment issue "ruined" it for the Democrats. Just my opinion, can't prove it.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wheyface33 said:
Hey guys,

I used to post here fairly often and mostly came to get a solid regimen and some detailed information and then be on with my life. Well, I'm back again with a new problem.

I went to order my next shipment of finasteride from the place I normally get it from (online) and waited and waited and waited. It never came. About 3.5 weeks after the order I got a letter from the US Government telling me that purchasing this drug was illegal and that it was intercepted and set to be destroyed. No jail time or any court dates or anything like that...they just sent me a letter telling me they intercepted it and will destroy it. Has this happened to anyone?

I need my finasteride, luckily I ordered much earlier than I needed and still have time to purchase it without putting a huge gap in my daily regimen!

If you guys know where to order it from to avoid this, some help would be nice. BTW...I had no idea it was illegal and the website never said it was...it said a prescription was not needed.

Thanks in advance!

Where did you order from?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Freestyle said:

You'd be accommodated alright. Foolishly making a threat would (and should) land you in the horizontal. Not funny.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
We missed you, hairwegoagain. Are your treatments working?

Hey man, just doing the normal stuff. Haven't spent as much time on here as I did when I first joined.

Treatments are slowly working I believe. Nothing drastic, but easy does it. I think I went through a shed a few weeks ago. I plan to take a few pics at the end of April to gauge progress.

You?

Bll3r

Established Member
Reaction score
wheyface33 said:
Hmm...put a threat into the U.S. Department of Homeland Security: U.S. Customs and Border Protection? Sorry, I'm not a terrorist. Just a balding guy who needs some pills.

Bll3r Approves

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just tell the government you have film footage of a UFO landing in a forest. They'll get off your case about prescription drugs.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
So what's the conclusion?

I got my finasteride (from United Pharmacies) intecepted too. Will they (United) provide a refund/resend if tell them its intercepted?

Would you reccomend that I request a resend or should I get it from somewhere else? And where?

And how should I respond to that letter?

G

Yeah, I got the same issue.. So, i said f*** off to the f*****g gov, I don't have a prescription.

So I went to a real Pharmacy in street and told them I am losing my hair and I have been taking Propecia for some time could you sell it to me?, and they sold it to me.. I think I was lucky. 8) I made sure to buy like 10 boxes LOL :D

Come on, it's not a illegal drug, I don't get it why the f*** the gov make people feel guilty about everything.

After all, it is just finasteride, not a Psicotropic, there is nothing wrong with it.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Deduct the price of your seized finasteride from your tax return

Enclose a copy of the receipt, and a letter telling Dick Cheney to pay for his own fcuking finasteride.