Finasteride induced gynecomastia

Ende

Reaction score
I'm 24. I'm currently not exercising regularly. I've not been feeling too well lately because of bad testosterone/estrogen ratio, but I'm getting better now. Exercising do alot of good for people, so I don't doubt that. Fat cells are loaded with aromatase enzymes, so yeah. Dropping fat and building muscles would most likely relieve the symptoms.

barcafan

Reaction score
Enden said:
barcafan said:
You should not be f****ing with your HTPA without a compedent doctors help, otherwise you'll either f*ck yourself up even more, or it will take you MUCH longer to recover.
That's the RISK yes, I agree, but I'm not the one to sit and do nothing if they refuse to help me. I take care of things myself.

The problem is that you dont know nearly enough nor have anywhere near the clinical experience that a *good* physician has. There's dozens of feedback loops in your body that you dont know how to predict. It's not only E2, DHT, T.....

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
Believe me, you'll know for sure if you're developing gynecomastia. It's very painful when it begins to grow, and you'll feel lumps all over the chest around the nipples.

I believe pain is inevitable when growing breasts, yes. Just ask the girls. I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you what you're feeling in your chest, but I would say it's nothing to worry about as long as you don't have any pain and lumps. Puffy nipples are soft and more defined than usual. I don't remeber if they're more sensitive.

:p Puffy nipples are usually an early sign, and by time, lumps may begin to grow all over the place, and it hurts like hell. I took care of it before it advanced further.

Hi, could someone confirm this?

I can not sleep until then. It is awful and even psychologically worse than when my alopecia was triggered.

I have no pain and no lumps so could this be extra-fat localised in breasts caused by change in fat division due to finasteride?
Since I began finasteride. (74 days) I've got a little fatter (compensate compensate, food and a LOT of beer)

I am going to do a hardcore diet to see if it goes away (and go to see an andrologist) but meanwhile I am freaking out.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yeah dude if you gain ed weight that's all it is. I was off finasteride for 2 weeks and my chest slimmed down and I actually lost 6 pounds in a week and a half. You really have to watch what you eat on finasteride.. maybe more cause I was already chubby but I gain weight super easy on finasteride

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started propecia this year, and i hope to not be on it forever.

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Joey, I hope you are right.
The thing is not only to gain weight easily on finasteride, but it seems that (for me at least) there is also a change in fat distribution (that I hope is different from gynecomastia) because I know what shape my body takes when I get fatter and I never saw my "tits?" grow like this.

It would be very convenient if the pain criterion is correct to identify real gynecomastia.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Hey Dave same here. I'm prob gonna be off and on it for as long as my hair holds up until I make it close to 30. I'm actually ok eith going bald but not ok with going bald at 23

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 24. I'm currently not exercising regularly. I've not been feeling too well lately because of bad testosterone/estrogen ratio, but I'm getting better now. Exercising do alot of good for people, so I don't doubt that. Fat cells are loaded with aromatase enzymes, so yeah. Dropping fat and building muscles would most likely relieve the symptoms.
I can't agree with this statement enough. I started finasteride while in the middle of losing weight and got side effects, but since I started I dropped another 50lbs and the side effects are 95% gone.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Really? You have minimal sides now that you're skinny? I need to drop at least 30 according to my Doctor.. might help with finasteride too.