finasteride Gives Me No Peace Of Mind Mind Mind

Baldingat188

Reaction score
You would think finasteride would give someone experiencing hair loss peace of mind - treating the condition should solve the obsession issue... right?

Wrong

I have been on finasteride for a year nearly and thankfully I have experienced no side affects. However I have not noticed any positive effects either. Somehow even when I got on finasteride I knew I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones to get regrowth- I just knew it. That would be to good and life can never be to good. Anyways I can't speak for how well finasteride has maintained my hair. It is hard to say because even before finasteride my hairloss seems to be somewhat slow.

The thing is even that I know that I am treating it I still have a ridiculous obsession with hairloss. I feel the need to check my hair every time I enter a new light. I would say I take 200-300 pictures a day of my hair. So yes obviously this is a problem. Bdd? Maybe it is, but the thing that stops me from fixing this issue is the fact that my hair is legimtley thin. Unlike some people with bdd who " believe they are fat or believe they are ugly" my problem is not a belief. It is a fact that my hair is thin.

And that brings me to my final point- anytime I really stop to think about my situation I am instantly slapped in the face by the redpill. I am 19 year old with freaking thinning hair that looks shitty as hell. Sure sometimes I relax a little bit by telling myself my hairloss isn't that bad and that finasteride will maintain for me but when I really stop to think about it I still have thinning hair! Most people my age have much better hair and looks then I ever will have.

The only way I will be able to beat my hairloss obsession is if I get regrowth or if I go fully bald. If I get regrowth I would be insanely happy. If i go bald I will probly shoot myself or wear a hairpiece and become a social recluse.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You would think finasteride would give someone experiencing hair loss peace of mind - treating the condition should solve the obsession issue... right?

Wrong

I have been on finasteride for a year nearly and thankfully I have experienced no side affects. However I have not noticed any positive effects either. Somehow even when I got on finasteride I knew I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones to get regrowth- I just knew it. That would be to good and life can never be to good. Anyways I can't speak for how well finasteride has maintained my hair. It is hard to say because even before finasteride my hairloss seems to be somewhat slow.

The thing is even that I know that I am treating it I still have a ridiculous obsession with hairloss. I feel the need to check my hair every time I enter a new light. I would say I take 200-300 pictures a day of my hair. So yes obviously this is a problem. Bdd? Maybe it is, but the thing that stops me from fixing this issue is the fact that my hair is legimtley thin. Unlike some people with bdd who " believe they are fat or believe they are ugly" my problem is not a belief. It is a fact that my hair is thin.

And that brings me to my final point- anytime I really stop to think about my situation I am instantly slapped in the face by the redpill. I am 19 year old with freaking thinning hair that looks shitty as hell. Sure sometimes I relax a little bit by telling myself my hairloss isn't that bad and that finasteride will maintain for me but when I really stop to think about it I still have thinning hair! Most people my age have much better hair and looks then I ever will have.

The only way I will be able to beat my hairloss obsession is if I get regrowth or if I go fully bald. If I get regrowth I would be insanely happy. If i go bald I will probly shoot myself or wear a hairpiece and become a social recluse.

Post pics or didn't happen

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Title and repetition of "mind" makes it sound like one of those shitty early Beatle's songs.

Not that they ever needed finasteride.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
still 0 pics with your thinned hair

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was showing someone a picture on my phone the other day; I had to scroll through a bunch of other pictures to find it. This person said to me "Damn anon why do you have so many pictures of your hair on your phone?"

42d69e1a1ffec990b0bec87ad5e22e0c--feels-meme-too-funny.jpg

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I was showing someone a picture on my phone the other day; I had to scroll through a bunch of other pictures to find it. This person said to me "Damn anon why do you have so many pictures of your hair on your phone?"

View attachment 70799

Dude I keep hair pictures and sometimes p**rn. I am super over protective of my phone cause of this . Always turn your back when you scroll!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 70799

So you just kept scrolling with screen in full view, totally oblivious to what this would look like to another person?

Honestly you often sound like you take the slow bus when you talk about things generally.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you just kept scrolling with screen in full view, totally oblivious to what this would look like to another person?

Honestly you often sound like you take the slow bus when you talk about things generally.

Well this person wasn’t near my screen at first.

And slow bus? I’m 6 months away from having a master’s degree m8. I usually never proof read my posts here hence errors in writing.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well this person wasn’t near my screen at first.

And slow bus? I’m 6 months from having a master’s degree m8.

I got a master degree and i'm socially retarded as f***