Finasteride and the effect on facial hair

Blurr2710

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been searching for this stuff like a billion times on the internet, but without great results. I know there have been reports of people who saw reduced body hair after starting finasteride or who never got great body hair by suppressing that much DHT. But how about facial hair, the good old beard growth? People/science seems inconclusive whether facial hair is mainly due to DHT or testosterone. Huge difference, because, suppressing DHT means a slight increase in testosterone. So in that case finasteride would even be able to help beard growth a little bit.

I know many of you won't get my doubts, but for me, mature facial hair is a fairly important thing. I'm 21 now and I only have decent growth in the goatee and mustache area, my cheeks are still very spare. My hair is thinning and I'd like to get on treatments, finasteride seems perfect, because of doing something about the cause of the hair loss. But I don't really want to get on Propecia if this means I'll never be able to get a real, fully developed beard... Minoxidil might be an alternative, but I don't really wanna create minoxidil-dependend hairs if I could as well stop the balding process at its roots.

I know, many of you will think 'Screw the facial hair, rather have hair on the top of your head' and while that may be true (yes, head hair is still more important to me), I'd like to know whether someone can give some info to me. If I start finasteride now, do I reduce my chances of getting a full beard, ever?

Btw, I wouldn't mind slower growth of facial hair, I just don't want it to stop developing.
Hey bro,
Please share your experience with finasteride.and have you developed your beard on finasteride??