Finasteride and feeling rundown?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys since I've started to take Proscar for about 2 weeks now. I have been unwell. I have had a nasty flue and chest infection since.

Right now am feeling so rundown, especially in the mornings. I feel as if I have lack of energy to do anything, muscular cramps etc. I only can relate all this to the Finas I have been taking as I have never felt this shitty low level before.

Is this common and does any1 know the reason for me to be feeling like this. I am currently taking 2mg per day.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks ever so much.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it mate. It's probably just that you've caught a cold/flu just as you started taking the Proscar.

All the symptoms you've described are not ones that have ever been noted as side effects of finasteride - not that I've ever heard about anyway.

Go to your doctor if you're still worried, but I really, really, doubt it's the finasteride.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sl said:
Hey guys since I've started to take Proscar for about 2 weeks now. I have been unwell. I have had a nasty flue and chest infection since.

Right now am feeling so rundown, especially in the mornings. I feel as if I have lack of energy to do anything, muscular cramps etc. I only can relate all this to the Finas I have been taking as I have never felt this shitty low level before.

Is this common and does any1 know the reason for me to be feeling like this. I am currently taking 2mg per day.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks ever so much.

If you caught flu then thats why you are feeling shitty. Flu leaves you feeling weak for quite a while after the worst of it is over

GC

Reaction score
2mg per day? You say you're taking proscar which comes in 5mg form.

Firstly, how are you cutting the pill to make 2mg?

Secondly, ( IF they are 5mg tabs) I'd reccommend cutting them into quarters and taking 1.25mg a day.

See if that picks up your energy levels.

If that doesn't help, you could always switch to propecia and halve your tabs, leaving you with 0.5mg ED.

But like the others have stated, it could coincidentally just be the flu.

All the best, be sure to give updates on your progress.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are a number of us that have tiredness and lack of motivation as a side effect but not illness.

have cut amount to 0.5mb but still struggling so would have to consider giving up at 3-4 month point especially as its having a negative effect on hair the first 2 months for me