Finasterid For Nearly 5 Months And No Improvement

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a diffuse thinner and using Finasterid for 4 2/3 months now. I started wowi 0.2mg for the first 2 or 3 weeks and switched to 0.5mg until then. I haven't seen the slightest improvement yet. My hair is beubey baseline. I'm still losing a huge amount of hair and the hair I'm loosing is much thinner at the roots than at the end. So it's still miniaturizing during one hair cycle. Do you think I still should have hope that Finasterid will work one day or do I have to accept that Finasterid os not working for me?

Best Regards

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a diffuse thinner and using Finasterid for 4 2/3 months now. I started wowi 0.2mg for the first 2 or 3 weeks and switched to 0.5mg until then. I haven't seen the slightest improvement yet. My hair is beubey baseline. I'm still losing a huge amount of hair and the hair I'm loosing is much thinner at the roots than at the end. So it's still miniaturizing during one hair cycle. Do you think I still should have hope that Finasterid will work one day or do I have to accept that Finasterid os not working for me?

Best Regards

You should probably move up to 1 mg. Are you on minoxidil and using ketacozonale too?

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Best Regards

If you're a diffuse thinner fiansteride probably won't stop male pattern baldness for you. All diffuse thinners seem to be more aggressive balders

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on minoxidil since 2015 and had great regrowth in the past but I lost most of the gains. I'm also using RU since 2014.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been tracking your finasteride usage with pictures?

bartoow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol 5 months? Wait for at least a year to notice any significant change, till then just be happy if your hair loss stops. With the low dose you used in the beginning it just takes a bit longer for DHT levels to decrease. The dose you use won't matter much, according to the dose-response curves, DHT inhibition of 0.25 mg is almost the same as 1 mg.