finally, i feel despereate, i m thinking propecia... :(

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
have been losing hair since 21, i m 25 now.
had a bald spot in 22, but i started minoxidil and the bald spot was gone. then i hve been on and off minoxidil and it seems like minoxidil isnt working well anymore.

the bald spot is getting larger and in fact my whole scalp is thinning!! it is not only visible i m losing hair from the back but also from the front view... hair line is only a little receeded.

i hve so worried about propecia's side effect all along and wont dare to try it... i dont hve a gf and i never had sex... i dont want to lose my penis for the sake of keeping my hair...

can anyone give me an honest opinion... shall i do propecia?

[edit]
In my past 4 years, I have tried everything you can name, minoxidil, revivogen, nizarol, spironolactone, folligen, hair regain, vitamin, chinese herb, laser comb... other than minoxidil i dont think i got any reasonable result from any of the products.

I dont have sex bcoz of my religion, i do make a lot of money and have girls around me, so hooker is not an option.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Take Propecia. Don't be a pussy. Especially because you're not getting laid now, you don't really have anything to lose.

But in all seriousness; side effects on Propecia are rare and, if you get them at all, usually go away within a few months.

You got nothing to lose. Propecia can't get rid of your dick -- only jilted Spanish wives can do that.

jeffsss

Reaction score
propecia never did anything to my sex drive or erection or anything.. been on for 5 months.

i wouldnt worry about it.

worst case: your dick goes limp?! get off propecia and you'll go back to norm.

exstatic

Reaction score
emery said:
had a bald spot in 22, but i started minoxidil and the bald spot was gone. then i hve been on and off minoxidil and it seems like minoxidil isnt working well anymore.

the bald spot is getting larger and in fact my whole scalp is thinning!! it is not only visible i m losing hair from the back but also from the front view... hair line is only a little receeded.

i hve so worried about propecia's side effect all along and wont dare to try it... i dont hve a gf and i never had sex... i dont want to lose my penis for the sake of keeping my hair...

Try a topical DHT inhbitor if you are worried, like spironolactone or similar.. have a look on the main page of this site, there are a few alternatives.. you dont HAVE to use propecia.

By the way, go to the hookers and get laid.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi. Sounds like you did have a good response to minoxidil but as you put it, you used it "on and off". Why not give minoxidil another good go, this time sticking to it religiously? Propecia would also be an option for you. Despite what you read on this site sides are rare and always temporary. Nizoral shampoo 2% would be a good choice too.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
exstatic, you've said you've had succes with you're treatment,
do you think spironolactone is helping you or that the succes is more due the minoxidil?

exstatic said:
emery said:

Try a topical DHT inhbitor if you are worried, like spironolactone or similar.. have a look on the main page of this site, there are a few alternatives.. you dont HAVE to use propecia.

By the way, go to the hookers and get laid.

VWdude

Reaction score
Get on the finasteride, and don't look back.

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is not something to be afraid of, it's not a final option!

I take it you've read the FDA studies, if not here we go again (briefly)

Something like 2% of people experiencce decreased libido, which is fully REVERSIBLE if you quit!

My docs been on it 6 years, I've been on it approx 4 years and never had a problem. My dik's intact and I haven't got breasts!

People that do unfortunatley get side effects are going to rant here, and it's easy to get scared off.

I believe finasteride's helping me to maintain, I've had no major regrowth.

VW Dude who posted above has had great success (check out his 'Success story) you may have results like this too, if you try it!

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, just get on it if you don't mind the cost. Its not a big deal and I seriously doubt you will experience any side effects. I've been on it for a year and feel no different than I did a year ago.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with the majority of replies here. finasteride is your friend! It is nothing to be scared of, and as mentioned above, certainy not a last resort. In fact i think its the first thing someone should use when they start seeing signs of MBP.

Side effects range from nothing to minor. In my 6 years using finasteride, i have had no side effects. I have been able to maintain my hair throughout this time.

If anything maybe my sperm is a little less viscous, but i conceived a child (beautiful, healthy boy) while on finasteride so its nothing to worry about, and if anything it makes it easy for my gf to swallow it all down, which has got to be a good thing ;)

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the replies.
at the end, it all came down to taking a risk.
whether i m willing to take this risk.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emery said:
thanks for all the replies.
at the end, it all came down to taking a risk.
whether i m willing to take this risk.

lol, its not a risk, man. Through life, it has to be one of the least "risky" decisions to make. Don't waste 20 years worrying about a risk that doesn't even exist, do something now.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Side effects are minimal, if your hair is an issue to you then try finasteride. Start out at 0.2 or 0.5 mg if you ar that worried. You do not want to look back and wonder why you never gave finasteride a shot.

"I dont have sex bcoz of my religion, i do make a lot of money and have girls around me, so hooker is not an option."
That statement makes zero sense on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.