stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
stampede said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
stampede said:
JayMan said:
[quote="stampede":25f2c]I don't think you'll realise just how easy the foam is until you've tried it.

If it's applied properly (i.e., not too much in one area) it dries to nothing in about 20 seconds and makes the hair you have look better.

i imagine it is still a pain to apply into hair that is 3 inches long or so. a lot must get stuck in it.

Until yesterday, my hair was about 2in long (had it buzzed to a number 2).

Apart from thickening my hair up (and making it look better), there was no sticky residue unless I put too much on.

I've actually applied some in the last 20 minutes, and running my hand through my hair, I can't tell the difference between where I've put it on and where I haven't. Can't see/feel it on my bald patch either.

how do you style your hair after youve put foam in it?

Well, it's a #2 now so I only put a bit of gel in it to make it look neat.

When it was longer I just combed it forward.

what is the point of putting gel in a quarter inch buzz? the hair doesn't move anyway[/quote:25f2c]

It definitely looks better with a bit of gel in :) the hair stands on end instead of being relaxed.

Obviously, if it were any shorter, it would make no difference...

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:
Hey i dunno about you guys but I rather be on the foam first than any pills.. i know there's ppl here whod disagree... but i'm 25 and I just see the foam as a new form of hygene for my hair.. just like brushing my teeth and stuff... we're lucky this stuff is quick and easy to use...If I've got to use it everyday from now on, I've accepted that fact.. I just wish they'd ease the price some.

I rather be safe than sorry... I'm giving the foam a chance of 9 months to a year to see what happens.. I also feel a lot better that I actually took action now.. I feel good that I'm using the foam rather than looking back later and saying "maybe I shoulda tried that" and regretted it.

If my condition gets worse in the future (which i hope it won't) then I may do the pills stuff..my dad and uncle have a full head of hair and theyre in their 40's.. This is something I thought I might be dealing with in my late 40s, 50's or never..not when I turned 23.. eventhough my case is not that bad at all really, the thinning in the front is extremely annoying because I like to style my hair a certain way.

minoxidil won't save your hair I'm afraid :(

You need some sort of anti-androgen or you'll continue to go bald. If you really don't want to take pills, look into some topical treatments.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
ive heard minoxidil once a day is good to maintain and twice a day is good to regrow.. I think its been about 2 years now (i started foam in jan)... and my hair really hasnt changed that much since I first noticed... i dont know if i have male pattern baldness or not... the diffuse could simply be cuz of age... i dont want to be on medication especially only at 25... i rather deal with the foam.. i will try the foam out for 4-8 more months(9-12 total)... if i dont see a difference i may stop the foam... if my thinning happens to get worse i may stay on it or then maybe consider adding pills... but it's definatly a very last final resort...

I'm the type of person who hates taking any medication even tylenol....i really had to force and convince myself to even take this rogaine....i honestly dont feel i need pills for what i see right now at the moment... im still nw1 but diffusing in certain areas