Few random hairs not falling out? Anyone else have this?

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums on this site for a while but only have recently made an account. To make my story short, I've been experiencing male pattern baldness since i was 17-18. I've always had thin hair and deep corners. I started really noticing it when I was 19-20. I tried reviveogen for a year with no results. My current regimine is
1.)propecia for 5 months
2.) nizoral for a month
3.) rogaine foam for a week

I have a ways to go before seeing results but I've been noticing something weird, I have a couple (like 10) random hairs that are infront of my hairline that have never fallen out. They are still thick even and I guess just aren't affected. The funny thing is is I use them as a proxy to tell how far my hairline is receding.

Also, I have been noticing a lot of random hairs (about 10-15%) i think that are thicker at the roots. I know it's too early to see stuff but could that be hair the propecia has thickened up?

Thanks for the help guys.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't believe they are vellus hairs, they are long and far thicker at the root. For the other hairs, it's very odd. They are hairs from my hairline like a year ago and are extremely thick, wish all of my hair would stay like that. It's kind of funny they are noticeable and are about an inch in front of my current hairline.

s.a.f

Reaction score
My grandad was slick bald from his 30's but had about 30 individual hairs that grew as normal like weeds on the barren wasteland that was his scalp. They were still there when he he died at 80.
These are just rogue DHT resistant hairs.