Female AA Sufferer shaves head

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;4bmzIkni3-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmzIkni3-8[/video]

I found this and I just felt like sharing. Hair loss sucks.

blackg

Reaction score
Props!! She has great cheek bones.
There was one shot of her (a 3 quarter shot, I think ya call it) when her hair was half off, and damn she looked good!!

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, she stopped the medication too. It's probably going to get worse for her hairwise.

kveezy33

Reaction score
I've seen some people here complain about how much worse men have it when they bald than women, but you will never see a woman with hair loss problems in movies or television.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen some people here complain about how much worse men have it when they bald than women, but you will never see a woman with hair loss problems in movies or television.

You wouldn't know if they have hair loss problems because, unlike men, women are diffuse thinners and are left with enough hair to work with (extensions and toppers) to hide the thinning. We usually don't end up with completely bald scalps ever. If we do, we're old ladies by then.

blackg

Reaction score
You wouldn't know if they have hair loss problems because, unlike men, women are diffuse thinners and are left with enough hair to work with (extensions and toppers) to hide the thinning. We usually don't end up with completely bald scalps ever. If we do, we're old ladies by then.
Smart post.

kveezy33

Reaction score

Yeah but some women do suffer hair-loss in the male baldness pattern.

shookwun

Reaction score
You don't see men in romantic roles either. It's just there are only romantic roles for women in movies.

Classic example of this is the fall of Jude Law.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score

And this is so important. Because not only is a diffuse thinner left with something to work with as Joan said, but also diffuse thinning is not nearly as ugly, or mocked, or ridiculed as the dreaded, full-blown horseshoe. I actually went out with a couple of women who were diffuse thinners. With regards to the most recent one, her thinning was most evident when her hair was wet, but when we went out in public, it was unnoticeable. Hence, she was able to post photos all over social networking and look good in public, and no one was the wiser when it came to her hair loss. I'd give anything to be able to do that. Hell, I even confided in her once about my worries with my own hair loss (I first started really noticing it when we were dating), and she subsequently told me about her struggles with it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Nothing will ever touch the beauty and masculinity of Fassyboy.
Fassy is liking your sassy.

tumblr_m59ydhLICg1qzy531o1_500.jpg

Fassy is liking your sassy.

tumblr_m59ydhLICg1qzy531o1_500.jpg

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but some women do suffer hair-loss in the male baldness pattern.

I've only seen one woman with a totally bald top, and she looked to be pushing 80. The older women I see with noticeable hair loss (some I know personally) are diffuse thinners with more of their loss concentrated on the top. Even though their hair is thinner there, they are still far from shiny bald. My mother (82) has a very thin crown (not a huge area), but she has enough surrounding hair to hold topper clips if she decides to go that route. I think the majority of women with Androgenetic Alopecia (not other types of hair loss) will be diffuse thinners to different degrees.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Classic example of this is the fall of Jude Law.

I've heard plenty of women say they like him just as much if not more without hair. Can't say how much his career has declined though because i barely watch any films. He was good in sherlock holmes though.

One of the sad things i find about visiting these forums is that everyone here has an eye on the next celebrity to go bald, get a transplant or whatever. As if it really matters..

- - - Updated - - -

How is she brave? She just got a short haircut, she has a full head of hair, and as wolf would say, a hairstyle.

Did you watch the video? She had clumps of hair falling out and decided to give up on the injections every 3 months for a shaved head. I find it brave that she has put her story out there and also said 'enough is enough i'm taking control back'. She looks great with a shaved head to me.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
well I dont think she suffered from androgenic alopecia, cuz there was hair falling out in the back of her head, she had very thick hairs everywhere she had hair. It sucks alot more than that to be a diffuse thinner, because the majority of your hair on the top part of your head start thinning at the same time.

Anyway she looks decent and the guy cutting her hair was right she does have good head shape