Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.hair-loss-is-awesome.com/

Site Review by:
104505.jpg

Rudiger

The very first thing that strikes me about this site is the inexplicable use of the banner being a massive, f*****g, comb?!

That doesn't make any sense, maybe if he had instead chosen a trimmer, or a bic, then that would be a reminder of embracing it.

Instead, he uses an implement that is a depressing reminder that we no longer use it or shortly will never see it again, I know this is hardly the most depressing thing about hair loss but why would anyone want yet another painful reminder of something they used to use?! It's like going on a Breast Cancer support site and the banner being a big ol' bra.

So this is already a pre-text to the content I'm about to witness.

This site exists because hair loss really is awesome!
  • No more fancy hair cuts, (I think this is supposed to be a positive thing?)
  • no more bedhead, (well, OK, reaching but, fine..)
  • no more running out of toupee tape, (but that applies to desperate and depressed guys who gave up on a piece! not for those who are welcoming hair loss!)
  • no more vanity… (because you have no choice as if you were vain AND bald you'd lose your f*****g mind)
Side note: If the author is seriously bringing up "toupee tape" it's obviously an old as f*** guy who finally stopped wearing wigs. In other words, someone who doesn't have a clue about balding young in today's culture.

To those fine folks who have already figured this out: Congrats! Feel free to poke around the site, find something interesting or funny, tell your bald friends how happy you are to be bald, and go have another great bald day.

Already I think I have the first insight in to the mind of this author. Go and tell "your bald friends" about your happiness with being bald, keep it to them, because a) they're probably the only friends you can get now, and more importantly b) do not, do NOT, f*****g telling the real world.

Keep this like the first 2 rules of Fight Club, only tell the fish-head eating social rejects like yourself about your happiness, do NOT tell the outside fullhead world, you will be devoured emotionally within your first "great bald day".

To those of you who have NOT yet figured this out: Welcome here! Hopefully by the time you’ve checked out a few pages, you’ll be one step closer to never worrying about your hairdo again!

I think the first step to never worrying about your hairdo again is watching it all fall down the f*****g drain.

And this is the suggested "Few things to check out" so I'll go in order, starting with "100 Baldness Jokes".

100? An entire hundred of them? This is a hall of torture. I wish I hadn't gone down this rabbit hole.

3. Bald Bill is so bald…

Bald Bill is so bald, even a wig won’t help!

After a few normal play-on-words type jokes, it instantly gets baffling. What is the actual humour element here? It doesn't really make sense, is he so bald, that even with a wig on, somehow his incredibly shiny head shines through the wig, making the wig irrelevant?

Then it just turns tragic, I recall members talking about shaving their ears only yesterday.

6. Bald Bill, he’s still bald…

Bald Bill is so bald, his ears are hairier than his head.

If this guy has actually thought up 100 baldness jokes, which, I think he has (not that I'm judging, as a guy who's dissecting them) you start to notice a pattern of some passably awful "jokes" that are still officially jokes, mixed in with some pretty obvious masochistic jabs. It's like at a Roast, when someone is making fun of someone else with some accessibly mainstream cheesy jibes at their faux expense, and then every now and then he just calls the other guy a f*****g a**h**.

10. Christmas

What did Bald Bill get for Christmas?

Bald and fat.

Well this actually made me laugh! Because it's so blunt and painfully depressing. It's honest.

And with that I really can't read anymore, I glance at a joke about Bald Bill being shamed by a woman he's asked to dance with and I decide I'll skip to the end, which is oddly kind of ominous.

102. Did you know?

You might be related to Bald Bill??

This is surely not a joke, is it saying that this can happen to you? Did this guy break down at the end, and hopes a bald world upon everyone, including the reader?

Now, this is where it gets kind of interesting, I see a headline that looks like it's going to mock our ridiculous treatments, foam ageing our skin, pills making our dick limp, etc:
But then, it's all genuine advice. It doesn't mock anything, even what we know are ridiculous treatments.

Either this guy has literally gone through everything on this list and ended up making the ultimate lazy cope site, or more likely (and less interestingly) he copied and pasted a lot of information without reading it.

Site Rating:
0_5_stars.png

As many stars as there are hairs on Bald Bill's head! (HA)

This site is a mindfuck of self-deprecation and genuine advice which is absolutely bizarre. I have no idea why most of it is giving actual information on hair transplants for example (which is why it gets half a star) and then has the overriding slybaldguys theme of forgetting about such pathetic procedures.

In conclusion: This site was created by a paranoid schizophreniac. And Bald Bill is one of many characters in his head.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
The "have a great bald day" sounds like the ultimate cope to me.