feeling down again

Singapore

Reaction score
Don't worry, we've all been through this stage. One thing to keep in mind is that you probably make a bigger issue out of going bald than other people do. Keep your hair cut short.

The good thing is that you are young and research is being done in the ares of gene therapy that may eliminate baldness completely in the future. In the meantime, take good care of your parents and focus on building a career. Women love money and financial security even more than hair! Don't worry, it may not seem like it now, but your life will be fine. All the best, my friend.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Askas, I can't remember if it was you or not who posted a picture of yourself in some thread (I can't find) with a shaved head and a beard, then I posted a picture of that guy "white boy" from that vh-1 show I Love Money...was that you? I can't remember and I can't find the thread but if it is, you are not an nw7 dude, by any stretch of the imagination. I'll try to restrain myself on that one and if it wasn't you then pardon me.
askas said:
When I had lot of hair, I was looking at bald guys thinking - how they live? it must be superhard. And it is...
Bingo....that sums up the looks of bewilderment that I get from folks that seems to just say to me, "How can you go out looking like that? Aren't you ashamed?! You should be because you have no business being out in public looking that way and offending our fragile sensibilities with your embarrasing appearance...shame on you, etc,etc." Once, I dropped my daughter off at school without a hat on and my beard grown out a little. I dropped her off at her classroom door and this one young mother turned around and gave me this astonished/scarred look like I was a fuckin monster or something! Moments like this happen all to often to me when I go out uncovered and it just pisses me off to no end. What do I do about it? Do I become a monster and prove them right? Should I cower and hide?
askas said:
Who believes we suffer? Do they percieve us as human at all? It seems sometimes not, as we are human trash.
Another accurate observation... the looks on their faces when they see me says it all. Not just me, any awkward lookin bald guy. I was waiting in line at a junior college I used to go to to get some transcripts and there was this bald guy about four spots in front of me. He had the full on horseshoe and a shirt that read "sex, drugs and rock and roll" and this group of young asian guys behind him couldn't keep themselves from cracking up out loud. Just step outside your known experience for a second and put yourself in that bald guys shoes. Could you imagine how humiliating and embarrasing that must have been? To be captive in line in front of so many people, being made a mockery of right behind your back? The poor guy was trying to pretend it wasn't happening, trying to ignore it, all the while driving the end of a bent paper clip deep into his forearm...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You go on and do that dude, you deserve it bro. :bravo: I'll be getting wasted tomorrow after my last final, but until then I'll be up all night cramming.

IBM

Reaction score
I beg pardon for those posts about hairloss. Today i'm so pissed of. My head itches like hell and his inflamated.

Also its a bad hair day. Some have worse like broken legs and wheel chair handling. So my apoligies.

ali777

Reaction score
I hear you boys.... I had a haircut today and I hated it. I hate long-ish hair and I hate short hair. I can't grow my hair long because my hair doesn't have volume on top, and I don't like short hair because it makes my hairloss visible :(

I was down for about 10 mins after I left the hairdressers' but I got over it very quickly. It doesn't really effect me that much anymore, I've started ignoring the mirrors lately as well.

I wasn't born with hair and I can live with less hair now...

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
my guess is those asian kids were laughing at the shirt not his hair because I'd be laughing too(in my head not aloud). It just sounds really white trash and shouldn't be worn by anyone.

I've been feeling a bit down lately too. My dad mailed me some photos of him and I when he came to NYC to visit this summer. I had no idea how bad my hair had gotten because I avoided mirrors. I though I was a NW3 but in the photos I'm close to a NW5 and there's my dad next to me with a full head of hair in his 50s.

I snapped out of it though because I went in my bathroom looked in the mirror and saw the progress I've made since summer. I'm at NW3/3.5 and see weak little hairs popping up forming a very faint NW2 pattern. I've also had awful luck with online dating and haven't had a girlfriend in nearly 2 years. I went to a bar the other night alone through a group on meetup.com and women had no problem talking to me, one of them stayed until closing I think mostly because of me because we had been flirting all night and when we were leaving the guys who were with us offered to all walk home together and she said "no that's ok we (her and I) live on the same street. Unfortunately they still came along but it's good to know my hairloss hasn't made me 100% unappealing to women. She was 35 though and I'm 24 but she looked about 24-25 so I have no idea where that was going to go anyway. :dunno:

s.a.f

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
She was 35 though and I'm 24 but she looked about 24-25 so I have no idea where that was going to go anyway. :dunno:
Who cares? Worry about where its going after you've fucked her, sounds like you missed a sure thing.

Petchsky

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
cleverusername said:
She was 35 though and I'm 24 but she looked about 24-25 so I have no idea where that was going to go anyway. :dunno:
Who cares? Worry about where its going after you've f***ed her, sounds like you missed a sure thing.

Ditto

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
cleverusername said:
I have no idea where that was going to go anyway. :dunno:
Uh, hot sex... the ultimate masculine validation?

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
yea but I was c*** blocked so i guess now I can just hang outside her building until i see her again because I never asked for her number or anything.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that those asian kids were mainly laughing at that guy because he was bald, sure the t-shirt played a role but it wouldn't have been the joke it was to them if he had a full head of hair in which case he probably wouldn't have been made fun of at all.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have totally been laughing at the dude even if he had the most glorious head of hair on earth. Those asian kids probably went home played WoW and jerked off to hentai anyway so who cares.