fallout'story

fallout

Reaction score
Started with slight loss at age 22, temple recession, modest loss on top. By age 24 had to do something. After a few visits to a trichologist, I accidentally came across an article highlighting Pilogenic Research Associates in 1978. they were located in NYC, where I worked. They as prooff it worked via double blind studies.

From 1978-85 they were my salvation. I had regrowth and overall thickening, nothing short of spectacular. I wasn't really into the science, but it was biotin based, a shampoo and nighttime topical. I peaked after 3-4 years, but around 85 results were in a downtrend.

In 87 I started with the Helsinki formula, after watching an infomercial. what the heck. It was effective for three years; so by 1990 I was looking for something else.

1992-I'm 38 and see a minoxidil advertisement. Dr Lewenberg in NYC.
$90 per month for spray, 3 times per day, kind of pricey but I'm feeling desperate. For next 3-4 years, this was tremendous. regrowth alond hairline, vertex was perfect. No special shampoos; just apply to a dry scalp. By 1999, I spent 5000-6000 there.

The 2% minoxidil ran its course and I stoppped. These three stand alone products kept me a norwood 1 to 1.5; they also worked immediately, two months or less.

By 1999 info flourished on the web and I've tried the following

hair energizer, proxiphen/nano, nisim, 2% spironolactone, 5% spironolactone, remox, folligen, aidoo aid, xeneca. Gave each one 4-9 months. Of those, 2%spironolactone and aidoo aid seemed to have some potential. My previous favorable experiences enabled me to be optimistic that htese products would work. But I'm not batting 1000 any more, more like .250.

Two weeks ago I started propecia at age 50. I dont give up easily.

guy38

Reaction score
fallout-

Like you been at this a long time. I am younger than you but mine started even sooner than you (teens) but like you I keep dodging the bullet - Like 22 Plus years now and counting. I started on the generic (polysorbate 60 and 80) helsinki in '85. Like you it worked for awhile then quit working. Lucky for me the process went dormant on it's own shortly after that. Up until just a few years ago I had super thick hair in the back with only alittle recession but then the damm process started up again ..only this time in vertex. Got on cheap minoxidil and that worked for a few years but then process started up again and started coming on pretty fast. Right when I thought I had ran out of time and it was all over , I try cheap finasteride and shezz the stuff starts working really good. Bear in mind that it' pretty slow compared to the rest of the stuff but end results are more dramatic.
I saw frontal working within about 3 months but vertex much slower. So yea, give it a shot but please give it plenty of time and realize it might get worse before it gets better.

Hang in there and good luck!

G

Awesome story. Everyone who is just starting to experiece hairloss should realize that if fallout has maintained pretty well since he started back in the late 70's, us guys who started in the new millenium have a damn good chance of keeping what we got for a looong time to come. THere is so much more out there to combat male pattern baldness. So keep your heads up and don't worry so much.

Whammy

Reaction score
interesting story, i'm surprised those products worked so well for you, but you never hear of them anymore. I wonder if in 20 years the younger people will be like, spironolactone? CU Peptides, minoxidil? Wtf is this stuff? lol.

What's your hair like fallout? Did you lose everything after you stopped the minoxidil?

fallout

Reaction score
After minoxidil, a slow steady decline has set in. In 4 plus years, all the topicals that I experimented with have struck out. I still have a decent mop but the hairline has deteriorated.
I really had great results with those unknown products ( to the current generation-they're still around ) that i though i twas just a matter of time that I'd find another.
I cant imagine not using topicals.