Facts on Saw Palmetto--documented!!

Jimmy5000

Reaction score
saw palmetto study

"Plant-based products like Revivogen and Crinagen utilize topical formulations of these phytosterols to inhibit DHT without the side effects associated with other oral hair loss treatments like Propecia."

I'm pretty sure that the moderator on this site uses Revivogen and that the Saw Palmetto that people are bashing is of the pill variety.

G

Re: saw palmetto study

Jimmy5000 said:
"Plant-based products like Revivogen and Crinagen utilize topical formulations of these phytosterols to inhibit DHT without the side effects associated with other oral hair loss treatments like Propecia."

I'm pretty sure that the moderator on this site uses Revivogen and that the Saw Palmetto that people are bashing is of the pill variety.

Reviv and Crinagen have a number of plant sterols including saw palmetto. It is my understanding that the data on the other fatty acids is much more compelling than what you presented about SP.

Redbone

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto

It has been said here many times- that SP can inhibit DHT but it is the wrong type of DHT it is inhibiting, thus is does not slow hairloss and can even increase shedding.

I will put Propecia up against the leading 1500mg SP supplement (Procerin) and bet my trailer home that it wont even be a contest as to which works better. Propecia 80% effective, SP 0% because no one is dumb enough to waste that kind of money on a clinical study to see exactly what positive effect it has on hair.

A

Administrator

Tard

Dillon, don't call into question our motives and desire to help people. That is very offensive.

Please familiarize yourself with the facts about saw palmetto and our position on the drug before you make inflammatory comments about this website.

What Hairlosshelp says about saw palmetto means little or nothing to us. They are just another site like us run by someone without any medical training, just like us. The studies they cited only reiterate what we already know about saw palmetto. That it has the ability to modulate the hormone processes in the body.

Millions of things can do this. Broccoli was found to inhibit DHT to some extent recently too. Doesn't necessarily make it a hair loss treatment.

What matters to us is what the scientists have to say about SP as a treatment for hair loss. The complete lack of any clinical data supporting saw palmetto as a hair loss treatment is why we take the position we do.

HairlossTalk uses Revivogen, which contains Saw palmetto. Revivogen even states that SP is useless, and they only included it as a marketing technique because so many consumers have been mislead to believe it does something for hair loss.

We also clearly stated that posts about saw palmetto should go into the unproven and experimental treatments section. Thanks for ignoring that.

Admin

hotdillon

Reaction score
System Admin....I didnt mean for you to take offense to what I said!!
I think this site is the better of all the sites I've been to!!
I just dont think it's right to constantly put down SP, when there have been some that have maintained with it!!
If it was so worthless, then why did Hairlosstalk even try it as an oral and topical soulution? (Dont take offense to that...:) )
I know you guys or ya'll only recommend proven medications...which I commend, but the proven medications are not for everyone, obviously or we wouldnt be having this discussion. I appreciate your time and effort in all of this! You guys are the best!

G

hotdillon said:
System Admin....I didnt mean for you to take offense to what I said!!
I think this site is the better of all the sites I've been to!!
I just dont think it's right to constantly put down SP, when there have been some that have maintained with it!!
If it was so worthless, then why did Hairlosstalk even try it as an oral and topical soulution? (Dont take offense to that...:) )
I know you guys or ya'll only recommend proven medications...which I commend, but the proven medications are not for everyone, obviously or we wouldnt be having this discussion. I appreciate your time and effort in all of this! You guys are the best!

I used to use SP and found it useless for male pattern baldness. Moreover, it has its own side effects not unlike proscar.

I have yet to see one legitmate study that suggests in can fight male pattern baldness. I use it as it is in crinagen but that is only because it is in there.